Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TCE Performance Products

Is anyone interested in a custom Wilwood BBK? I’ve been speaking and emailing with Todd at TCE. Depending on what rotors and calipers you go with, a kit with a 14” rotor and 6-piston calipers can be had for roughly $1800-$2400. The more expensive the better the rotor and caliper. TCE has been around forever and comes highly recommended by Wilwood themselves. I have no affiliation with TCE. Turnaround time is roughly 6-8 weeks according to Todd

To get him to build a kit he needs a hub and knuckle assembly. One is available here for $200:https://www.redlineautoparts.com/hy...driver-front-spindle-w-control-arm-32k-hv003/

He charges $200 up front for engineering the kit, which is applied to the cost of the kit when you buy it. If you bail on buying the kit then the money is forfeited.

I’m figuring if at least 1 other person is interested then we could split the cost of the hub and knuckle and possibly even the engineering fee, for a total savings of $100-$200.

Glad to answer any questions you may have about what I’ve learned from speaking to Todd. And if you’re serious, it would be best to call him directly to confirm the accuracy of everything I put in this thread.

Please reply to the thread if you’re interested, message me, or call/text me at 954-695-1208. Thanks!

·
Registered
288 Posts
As long as its a TCE kit and not a direct from Wilwood kit, it should be a great option. The only thing I didn't like about my Wilwood Dynapro6 calipers was that I had to remove them from the hub to change the pads. This meant that my shims fell out each time and had to be put back together. It was finicky, but good brakes nonetheless. I inquired about upgrading to TCE spec for the Fiesta and it would've cost more than I paid for the kit from the start lol.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As long as its a TCE kit and not a direct from Wilwood kit, it should be a great option. The only thing I didn't like about my Wilwood Dynapro6 calipers was that I had to remove them from the hub to change the pads. This meant that my shims fell out each time and had to be put back together. It was finicky, but good brakes nonetheless. I inquired about upgrading to TCE spec for the Fiesta and it would've cost more than I paid for the kit from the start lol.
Wow that does sound like a pain!
Yes, this would be a TCE kit.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow that does sound like a pain!
Yes, this would be a TCE kit.
I don't remember which of their calipers has access to the pads without removing the caliper from the hub, but it would be worthwhile to express this to TCE for the track focused guys who swap pads at the track.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't remember which of their calipers has access to the pads without removing the caliper from the hub, but it would be worthwhile to express this to TCE for the track focused guys who swap pads at the track.
That’s a great point. All calipers under consideration have that feature.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went with a custom kit from TCE Performance. Parts should be here within about a month, and will update when everything arrives.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Have the calipers and rotor rings, and waiting on Todd from TCE to finish the bracket and rotor hat. Every time I ask for an update the response is that it’s coming along. So, just waiting …
I know you posted the cost before but any update on the actual cost?

It seems like its on par with the Forge & N Performance offerings.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know you posted the cost before but any update on the actual cost?

It seems like its on par with the Forge & N Performance offerings.
Yes, the price is roughly equivalent to Forge or N Performance - around $2200+ depending on which options you go with. My cost is higher because I had to supply TCE with a hub and knuckle for measurements and fitment.

There could be a whole other post on the pros and cons of going with a Wilwood setup, and I’d be happy to do that if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, the price is roughly equivalent to Forge or N Performance - around $2200+ depending on which options you go with. My cost is higher because I had to supply TCE with a hub and knuckle for measurements and fitment.

There could be a whole other post on the pros and cons of going with a Wilwood setup, and I’d be happy to do that if anyone is interested.
Is that price including the wilwoods and calipers in the price or soley the brakets for mounting them up?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I would be interested in hearing this. My only gripe with Wilwood, in regards to these calipers in particular, is that they need to be unbolted from the hub to install new pads instead of being accessible while the caliper is on the car. Though the N performance kit is the same, the Forge you can swap without removing.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is that price including the wilwoods and calipers in the price or soley the brakets for mounting them up?
That’s for the whole thing: calipers, rotor hats, rotor rings, brackets, hardware, lines, and street pads. But the price really depends on what how much offset you want in the caliper bracket (greater offset = more complex to machine) and which calipers you choose (like 4 vs 6 piston and Superlite vs Aero6).

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would be interested in hearing this. My only gripe with Wilwood, in regards to these calipers in particular, is that they need to be unbolted from the hub to install new pads instead of being accessible while the caliper is on the car. Though the N performance kit is the same, the Forge you can swap without removing.
Yes, I agree with you on that. A removable bridge bolt makes it easier and quicker to swap pads. But the Aero6 calipers I went with are stronger because of the lack of removable bolt. What Todd explained to me was that it’s best to clean the pistons with a brush when swapping pads because otherwise you’ll retract the pistons into the bores with dirt and debris and degrade the seal. So I thought if it’s best practice to do that then I’ll have to remove the caliper
to do so anyway.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts