Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m wondering because I’m very much wanting to buy a 2020 VN and currently in talks with a dealership near me for a white one (even though I prefer the black). The interior on my 2014 gen coupe Ultimate seems a lot nicer With leather seats, nicer soft touch panels on way more surfaces. Has anyone made this jump and regretted it? My genny is an automatic and I’ve been looking to jump into a manual for a while now, but I’m hesitating to pull the trigger based on pretty much just the interior. This is a weekend car for me, I have a work truck I drive around weekdays.
Thanks -Paul

·
Registered
290 Posts
I prefer cloth, and couldn’t care less about hard plastics anywhere except where I may touch (hands, knees, elbows, etc). To answer your question the interior materials are the lowest point of this car, only you can determine how important that is vs everything else it does so well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I came from a 2010 GenCoupe GT. While I do ...sorta... miss the nicer interior, that wasn't really high on my list of options when getting the VN. My GC had hard plastic panels here and there. I miss the heated seats probably the most, but otherwise it hasn't bothered me. Driving the VN is just as fun (even moreso with the manual) as the GC.

--JamesT

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had a top trim passat and yea it was gorgeous on the inside but i still wanted to bash my head in driving the thing. It was boring and the 6 speed auto was disgustingly clunky. I do miss the adaptive cruise control though lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
The VN's interior isn't anywhere close to being as nice as a GTI or CTR, and coming from a ND Miata, I will admit the interior is a little too plasticky for my tastes. But for me, the fun and value it offers is unbeatable so that's something you'll have to ask yourself if you can live with a pretty basic interior. The main touch points like the steering wheel, knob, and seats aren't bad...my biggest complaints are with the upper dash, center stack/console, and door cards.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Nissan Titan and Mazda CX5 in addition to my Veloster N and both have very nice interiors, though the Titan does still have quite a bit of hard plastic surfaces on the dash. I would like to see some more soft touch surfaces in the VN but honestly, it doesn't really bother me. That's one of the primary reasons we're able to get so much performance for so little money... you have to cut costs somewhere. I also love the cloth seats, I feel like they hold you in place much better than leather would. The NV does have the best infotainment system and screen so that's a big plus.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m wondering because I’m very much wanting to buy a 2020 VN and currently in talks with a dealership near me for a white one (even though I prefer the black). The interior on my 2014 gen coupe Ultimate seems a lot nicer With leather seats, nicer soft touch panels on way more surfaces. Has anyone made this jump and regretted it? My genny is an automatic and I’ve been looking to jump into a manual for a while now, but I’m hesitating to pull the trigger based on pretty much just the interior. This is a weekend car for me, I have a work truck I drive around weekdays.
Thanks -Paul
I sold my 2020 Audi TTs for a red PP N. It really doesnt get much nicer than an audi; Soft material everywhere. Leather on the dash, diamond stitched napa leather seats. Overall I dont even miss the audi because the N driving dynamics are that good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I sold my 2020 Audi TTs for a red PP N. It really doesnt get much nicer than an audi; Soft material everywhere. Leather on the dash, diamond stitched napa leather seats. Overall I dont even miss the audi because the N driving dynamics are that good.
I test drove an S4 a few days before decided on the VNPP and I was super impressed with the interior of the S4. They were the best seats I've ever sat in and the fit and finish was excellent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I test drove an S4 a few days before decided on the VNPP and I was super impressed with the interior of the S4. They were the best seats I've ever sat in and the fit and finish was excellent.
I liked the seats because they were pretty. I prefer the N seats for bolstering and position. The only thing I liked more about the audi was paint and the virtual cockpit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm coming from a 2013 BMW 135is. The interior was pretty nice, but I don't mind the Hyundai interior. The dislikes will come if you accidentally bump into one of the hard surfaces and it leaves a big, permanent scratch on it. That's the benefit of the soft surfaces for me.

-Sam

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks like the 2021 may get a small interior upgrade. No guarantee that this is for the US market, but it exists. Here is the time stamp to the YouTube video. They're new bucket seats with leather, light-up logo and alcantara center piece.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I did it I Test drove and bought a white PP VN. As a weekend car it’s comfortable enough me to drive here and there and also have fun with a 6 speed manual. The interior seems nicer in person and does feel updated and new while yes being a lot of plastic. The seats are much more bolstered then my genny and really hold you in place, almost too much. The touch screen is way closer you I don’t have to stretch to touch it. I haven’t drove a manual in 10 years so I’m kinda relearning to do everything but I am having a blast so far. It really is like a go cart with a ton of power for the size of it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well I did it I Test drove and bought a white PP VN. As a weekend car it’s comfortable enough me to drive here and there and also have fun with a 6 speed manual. The interior seems nicer in person and does feel updated and new while yes being a lot of plastic. The seats are much more bolstered then my genny and really hold you in place, almost too much. The touch screen is way closer you I don’t have to stretch to touch it. I haven’t drove a manual in 10 years so I’m kinda relearning to do everything but I am having a blast so far. It really is like a go cart with a ton of power for the size of it.
Be careful! It's starts out as "it's a fun weekend car" and then you end up like this...

-Sam 😁

1 - 13 of 13 Posts