Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone was coming from a 370z - in particular the Nismo - and if so; how did it compare to the VN with the PP? Did anyone look to pick up a VN as a daily driver and keep the Z; actually came across someone in the CTR forum that bought both a Nismo Z and had a CTR as the daily. Reasoning why I ask is I'm considering a VN N in the used market probably in the next year or 2. I love my current Z - its very analog and offers plenty of performance to put a smile on your face; it's an old platform but sometimes that isn't a bad thing.

Part of me is looking for a fun daily and then look to save up to boost the Z. If the new Supra was a manual I probably would have traded in the Z for a leftover 2020 bc of the current prices. For those that came from other performance vehicles - was there anything that stood out about the VN that made you do the switch? In the end - I know a lot of people would say - 'go test drive it and find out for yourself' but....with the limited supply and dealers taking the same stupid pills that Honda sales people take when dealing with the CTR - thought I would ask. :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had a 370z non nismo. I loved that car but it wasn’t as fun to drive as the N. The N seems better all around as far as performance and handling goes. Sounds a lot better too unless you upgraded your exhaust on the Z. I’d say the N is just newer and has more tech and a quieter better ride. I remember the Z having quite a bit of road noise.

I still like the Z because it just seems more classic but the N if you want new will be a good choice. Def. like you said go test drive one. When I test drive the Z I didn’t want to just take my clothes off and sell the house and give myself completely over to getting the car like I did after I test drove the N.

The one thing about the Z is everyone always brings that car back up to me even though I haven’t had it for a couple years because they thought it was so cool.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. Yeah, I won't lie - the Z still puts a smile on my face but there is something about having a hatch - used to have a VW GTI MK6 - that was a blast to drive especially after a tune. Add in the practicality of a hatch and it was a great daily. Hence why when I think of possibly getting a daily - the GTI, the VN and the CTR come to mind. Granted the CTR is way overpriced and the VN - I'm kinda hoping that I'll be able to score one in a couple of years (or a slightly used CTR if prices come down some). And your response on the road noise - spot on - this car has a lot of it haha.

Right now, I think I'll be looking to keep the Z and wait it out some. It will allow for the slightly used VNs to go down in price as well as the CTRs. Throw in the fact the new Z comes out by '21 and if that has a manual and twin turbos - then that might become the front runner (Nissan Fanboy I guess) haha. To improve the pedal feel - i thought about add in the RJM pedal vs the stock clutch pedal. From what I understand it makes the car more predictable as to where the clutch grabs and should allow for rowing through the gears to be smoother.

Regardless - thanks for the response and yeah, when I become a little more serious - i'll be looking for a testdrive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts