Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT 2021 Jeep Gladitaor Ecodiesel
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it really annoying that I cannot lock the car running. I've tried the key, the interior lock buttons, and physically locking the door from the inside of the door (just unlocks again).

I want to be able to lock the car running so I can run in the store for 5 minutes when it's cold or when it's hot and have a dog in the car during the summer.

I've never had a car with keyless push button start that didn't allow this and literally wouldn't have bought the car if I knew this lol, I also didn't think to check if it worked either :(.

Any tips? options?

I tried to use the physical key hole too but it was frozen shut and don't know if that is realistic for daily use.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suppose. In a car where everything else is adjustable, not having more options here sucks lol. Im more likely to risk leaving my car running with my dog in it with the doors unlocked. I haven't tested it but heard you can drive the car without the key if it's started. I don't understand how not allowing the car to be locked helps with anything.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Cost is the biggest factor. Added convenience options cost more.

I believe once the key FOB is out of range, the car senses it. A warning will pop up on the drivers menu and start a 60 second countdown and shut the car off automatically, unless the FOB is brought back into range. I believe on the new DCT automatic the remote start is available but has to be utilized to restart the car and then is good for 5 minutes only and it shuts off.

Otherwise, you have to shut the car off, use the remote start link in the app and then it's good for 5 minutes. You can also lock the doors by remote but still only have 5 minutes of run time.

This is the way our 2020 Kia Soul GT-Line is with UVO and I believe it was the same for our Hyundai Kona Ultimate and Genesis G80. if we take the remote out of the car and walk to the rear with it running this process will automatically start. i've seen it several times in the past.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can drive the car without the key, but as soon as it is shut off, the show is over. I also start the car, exit and use the app to lock it. When I'm ready to go, I have to use the app to unlock and I roll. I blame myself for not doing more research. I was told by the dealer that I could remote start with the BluLink app.. I should have played with it more before I drove off. I still love the car though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can drive the car without the key, but as soon as it is shut off, the show is over. I also start the car, exit and use the app to lock it. When I'm ready to go, I have to use the app to unlock and I roll. I blame myself for not doing more research. I was told by the dealer that I could remote start with the BluLink app.. I should have played with it more before I drove off. I still love the car though.
I never thought of locking the car with it running with the app. If you do that, do you need to use the app to unlock it too? I just hate everything about this system. I don't know if maybe this is the result of patents held my other companies or something? It's the only reason I could think that the fob and app and related features work together as janky as they do. Again My ford F150 and Mustang proxy keys were intuitive and I just assume that all cars are this way I guess I'm the dumb one lul.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts