Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took a look at the Sxth video. It looks like they had it in a similar position to what I currently have it at and just pulled it out. They might be working with more space inside than I am.

Any tips for pivoting the engine forward? I currently have the motor lifted by a jack but it appears to have not shifted the engine forward much if at all.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I took a look at the Sxth video. It looks like they had it in a similar position to what I currently have it at and just pulled it out. They might be working with more space inside than I am.

Any tips for pivoting the engine forward? I currently have the motor lifted by a jack but it appears to have not shifted the engine forward much if at all.
I'm assuming you have that rear motor mount out also to allow it to pivot? I did not do this install myself as I knew this was going to be a headache.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah, I removed the large bolt from my TTR lower motor mount but I think I’ll try removing the mount completely later tonight. I remember having to use a rubber mallet to hammer it into proper alignment during install due to it being a very tight fit.

I wasn’t expecting to run into any difficulty with the install. It was fairly straight forward until it was time to remove the fat cat 😣

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I tried wiggling it out with and without the engine being jacked last night but didn’t have any luck. I watched the o2 sensor as I tried to wrestle it out today and noticed that it was getting caught on everything.

I ended up attaching it back to the turbo so that I could remove the o2 sensor. Once the sensor was off I was able to pull it right out without any resistance. I should have just removed the second o2 sensor from the start.
Wood Metal Ammunition Armour Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yea, I'm with Red in assuming you already removed the O2 sensor prior to attempting removal. O2 sensors are always a pain to break free, requiring a lot of torque, so it's best to do so while it's all still bolted in place. You would have a hard time removing it after the cat was free, unless you had a beg bench vise to lock it down.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, it was definitely my mistake for watching videos of the downpipe install. They never removed the second o2 sensor in the videos. I thought it was odd but unfortunately decided to skip the removal and follow the videos instead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts