Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, sorry to start another thread about wheels, but after much digging I still can't find the info I am looking for. It seems wheel sizing doesn't work like I thought it did, and a lot of user preferences are involved even in a performance application.
That said, I am in the market for new wheels. I don't care about looks, I just want what works best for the car for more performance. So, for a track/street car, what sizes would you guys suggest to get the most out of it?

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
587 Posts
Hey guys, sorry to start another thread about wheels, but after much digging I still can't find the info I am looking for. It seems wheel sizing doesn't work like I thought it did, and a lot of user preferences are involved even in a performance application.
That said, I am in the market for new wheels. I don't care about looks, I just want what works best for the car for more performance. So, for a track/street car, what sizes would you guys suggest to get the most out of it?
19X8+55 or 18x8+55/50 w/ nothing lower than +45

·
Registered
230 Posts
18x8 +45 and up. You'll have so many more tire options at the 18" size. 235/40/18 gives you the same O.D. as stock.

Another guy had pictures of his Motegi Traklites. I'm going with them as well. This wheel is about the lightest you can get.

Edit after reading DesertN's comments below: He's right, I should mention I only plan to run the Traklites on a nice smooth track. I have Enkei RP03's with 225s that I'll run on a daily basis.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Before my transmission was destroyed by a bumbling idiot during a routine service I was looking at a wheel/tire combo that came out to 39lbs. The only concern with lighter and lighter wheels is obviously build quality from what I understand. So if you buy a very light wheel that isn't of high quality you could be looking at bent wheels in your future. Luckily, the road quality here is actually 100x better than where I used to live in MA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts