Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's an abundance of tire threads already, but I searched and couldn't find anyone else who asked about what I'm about to ask about.

Does anyone have a recommendation or opinion about some good tires for gravel road conditions? I live two miles down a gravel road and don't go above 15 on the road. I know that's not ideal, but I obviously don't have another option. I want to go down to 18" wheels to get a little bit more rubber and I was wondering if anyone could weigh in on tires that they know can take that abuse better than others. Also looking for recommendations on the size of the tire I should get for maximum sidewall.

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
So, sounds like you are driving rather slow on this gravel road to prevent the car from being beaten up. Therefore, I really don't think you need to worry yourself about any performance/handling concerns on this gravel road and needing a tire that excels with 'gravel' traction. Rather, focus your tire choice on the majority of where your driving occurs.

So I'd strongly suggest a 225/40/18 tire. This is the standard minus size. It's also a very common tire size across tire manufacturers and what various car use.

If you are alright with sacrificing the highest levels of grip and dry road performance (tires like the P-Zero), then I'd just looking at a high performance all-season tire, like Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season 4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts