Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the car few days ago, and I am located in the heart of mid-west so I would need to swap the currents summer tires to an all-season one.

I don't have a space for winter sets, and I don't plan on swapping summer and winter tires. As much as I love the performance of the summer tires, I am willing to compensate for the easiness and lesser probability of death from winter driving.

So the stock PP tire size is 235/35/19. Looks like the best available high-performance all-season tire option is the Continental's EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06. I assume these will fit since it is the same size as the stock tires? Could I also go to something like 225's?

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Doubt they'll be much selection for an all season on the 19's. I've had good luck with Michelin pilot sport as3+ on other cars if it's available.

·
Registered
78 Posts
ECS DWS is an excellent tire. 225 or 235 should be perfect for the stock wheels. I am running 225/45r18 on 18x8 for the winter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got the car few days ago, and I am located in the heart of mid-west so I would need to swap the currents summer tires to an all-season one...
I was in a similar situation; I didn't want 2 sets of wheels/tires, and where I live it can be snow/freezing rain in the morning and up to the 70s in the afternoon...so UHP so all-season tires just make sense for me. While I drive somewhat aggressive and do (tame) track events a couple times a year, daily drivability is my priority.

I've been very happy with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+in 225/40-18 on my VN PP. Have been great in rain, I'm not getting wheel hop/traction loss in aggressive daily driving, they're fairly quiet, and seem to be holding up well. The taller sidewall on 40-series tires (vs. the stock 35s) gives me more confidence on bad roads also.

I had the Conti DWS06 on a mildly tuned '16 GTI, also in 225/40-18. While they're a bit lighter (and cheaper) than the Michelins and great in bad weather, the sidewalls are a bit soft, causing the tire to roll over a bit during aggressive driving. I have to imagine that being worse in a more powerful car like the VN.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts