Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
there is no way you get 30 mpg. This car should expect 19-22 avg with a mix of highway and street. The best I ever got with ECO on flat highway minimal fluctuations on speed going 65mph was 25.9 over 80 miles. I actually do not think this car is capable of 30 avgs. But I could be wrong unless it was legit downhill both ways
I averaged 29 when I drove 3 hours to Oklahoma. Speeds were typically 75-85 and TONS of hills. I think it's all in how you drive. I'd accelerate downhill, coast uphill, and let my speed settle back at the speed limit. This car is capable of 30 in the right conditions.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I averaged 29 when I drove 3 hours to Oklahoma. Speeds were typically 75-85 and TONS of hills. I think it's all in how you drive. I'd accelerate downhill, coast uphill, and let my speed settle back at the speed limit. This car is capable of 30 in the right conditions.
I think elevation may play into it as well I live in new england. 29 is awesome and I have heard people out west getting these numbers. I drive realistically, I mean some roads just ask for a bit extra on the throttle but if I was reaaaallllly trying I think I could get maybe 27 where I am but the highways out here rarely stay flat for long.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Also have noticed that there is no difference in the engine power from changing to n mode any more It changes the exhaust a little bit but not much. it still stiffens the suspension and steering and all that. But no change to engine power.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Yesterday coming home from work mine showed I was getting 28 mpg. But I used almost an eighth tank going 15 miles. No.way that's right. Hahaha. And it's mostly flat. 4 lane bypass.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Based on how much gas you say it uses, I would do a full tank estimate on gas mileage to stop some of the guessing. Do a complete fill up and run it down to almost empty. Document your mileage, then fill it back up to full and document the amount of fuel it takes to fill it back up. You should be able to calculate your MPG based on these numbers.

Let us know.

-Sam

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Yea I've been doing that. I range about 170 to 200 per full tank. So I'd really be getting about 25 miles to an eighth tank. And 14 mpg roughly. It never shows my average to be that low on dash. Usually sits around 25mpg

·
Registered
96 Posts
That sounds like an estimate. Can you post exactly how many miles you went and how many gallons to fill back up? I know you're having problems, but I have yet to see an actual gas usage number that is extremely out of range.

The dealership down in Columbia, TN seems to be pretty good about determining issues with the Veloster N so far. I would say take it there if you were around town, but it looks like you're in NC.

-Sam

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I coulda sworn I'd taken a pic at full then one at empty but i will do that when I get back to empty again. I did find the one I took after a full tank and i checked my receipt an I bought 12.88 gallons this is the picture I took right at empty that time The trip counter was at 176 miles. I had reset when I filled up

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Idk it seems really low to me. If I was getting power like I was supposed to from the car I could understand. All the problems I'm having just has got me be watching everything.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
That sounds like an estimate. Can you post exactly how many miles you went and how many gallons to fill back up? I know you're having problems, but I have yet to see an actual gas usage number that is extremely out of range.

The dealership down in Columbia, TN seems to be pretty good about determining issues with the Veloster N so far. I would say take it there if you were around town, but it looks like you're in NC.

-Sam
Yea I am in n.c. but I'm not using my dealer anymore. After all that has happened and the fact they admitted they know nothing about the veloster n. Bout how far from Asheville is Columbia.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I went to the consumer protection and it said I need to let the seller know I am filing. So I sent the salesman the customer service rep and my case manager an email saying I am filing a complaint against them for the car. And also filing a complaint against the service manager for over revving my car. I guess they will have to pull edr for that date and time. But it was in their possession I also started filing the form to make a complaint to attorney general

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
This is the one I've started filling out earlier.it is my states attorney general.
And I also contacted the state bbb also. It said I should online

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
If you don't try, you won't know. (y)
Oh I'm def going to try. Especially with that audio and video i have from the dash cam. Having trouble finding a lemon lawyer here tho. Everyone it shows me on search when I msg them they say they dont do lemon law. So that's holding me up a bit

61 - 80 of 94 Posts