Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It does this everyday at startup after sitting at least 3 hours no matter the temperature. started in early Aug. Right after dude over rev

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N PP Race Red
25 Posts
Yeah that's normal if it's cold. Not normal if it's warm out. You could stick a paper towel right by the exhaust tip and soak up some of the vapor. You should be able to smell it if it's coolant.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Every time after it sits for at least 3 or 4 hrs it does that when u start it. and smells of gas strong at startup. warm or cold

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This morning I started and let warm for 4 mins and lost 8 miles off range. It's like that all the time. I get about 200 miles per tank driving in normal mode. Just regular driving

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N PP Race Red
25 Posts
There were a few noted issues with leaky injectors. But with everything you've got going on honestly I'd just sell it and get another one. Hopefully hyundai helps you out with all of the proof you have. Best of luck

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Na I'm not gonna take a loss cause of them not doing the right thing. I'll get a lawyer and take em to court I suppose. I have tons of proof. I was doing some research and found my car fax says the car had 188 miles on it 6 months before i bought it which they told me at dealer it would be getting the miles on it by them transporting it here from where it was. Come to find out that was a lie and it had been in service before.i bought it also. So who knows. But I'm gonna fight

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thet little piece of paper you see in the pics is to stop the air bag cover on steering wheel from rattling all to hell. And they wont even acknowledge that haha. The dealer in western n.c. really sux. I may have to travel to Tennessee

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
And what you said about the fuel injectors. When the car wouldnt start with them over there and threw a cel he read off fuel rail pressure low and something about the fuel pressure regulator

·
Registered
96 Posts
You need to reset the average MPG, because about 20 MPG isn't really out of spec for this car. I would understand if you were getting in the single digits.

Also, don't drive with "N" mode on if you're testing. N-mode will give you a stronger gas smell and use more gas.

Keep us updated after you reset that average MPG!

-Sam

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The computer shows I get 20 to 30 mph. Even when I reset. I'm going by the actual mileage traveled. And I keep it In normal mode all the time because my n mode is screwed up

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
When I fill up I get 200 maybe 220 miles out of a tank. Normal mode normal driving. If I do use n mode. I drive one tank full all in n mode and I got 150 miles out of a tank

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I've got other pics that show 50 miles traveled and quarter tank burned. But shows on computer I was getting like 30 something miles per gallon.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've got other pics that show 50 miles traveled and quarter tank burned. But shows on computer I was getting like 30 something miles per gallon.
there is no way you get 30 mpg. This car should expect 19-22 avg with a mix of highway and street. The best I ever got with ECO on flat highway minimal fluctuations on speed going 65mph was 25.9 over 80 miles. I actually do not think this car is capable of 30 avgs. But I could be wrong unless it was legit downhill both ways

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Na I dont really get 30. I average about 13 to 15 mpg if I add it up using miles actually traveled with a full tank. But the computer does show almost 30 sometimes. That why I say it cant be right

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is a long shot, but have you left the battery unhooked for about a day or so and hook it back up to see if it can reset anything?

-Sam

21 - 40 of 97 Posts