Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting this thread cause I am having tons of trouble have uploaded videos and pic. My gas mileage is horrible. Smokes on startup loss of power among other things. Am now in arbitration with Hyundai cause they keep telling me no problems found. But then I have them on dash cam. That they thought they disabled but still got video saying it is not right. So idk. Maybe I can get some videos of you guys at cold startup

·
Registered
55 Posts
Starting this thread cause I am having tons of trouble have uploaded videos and pic. My gas mileage is horrible. Smokes on startup loss of power among other things. Am now in arbitration with Hyundai cause they keep telling me no problems found. But then I have them on dash cam. That they thought they disabled but still got video saying it is not right. So idk. Maybe I can get some videos of you guys at cold startup
If you have video of them saying it is no good then use it! Show them the video and describe to them you guys have already acknowledged the problem with my car and have them fix it.I’m seeing too many of these dealerships trying to one up N owners and cheat them out of work that needs to be done and it is very disappointing.
Best regards and Good luck

·
Registered
368 Posts
Easiest way for videos is to upload them to youtube, put the privacy on either public or unlisted, then post the link here and it should upload the video. Photos have a size limit. Screenshots of the photos are usually small enough to post from the compression but you might have to crop them a bit to remove some more space

·
Administrator
1,877 Posts
Why would they disable anything? This is almost admitting guilt because of the shady $hit they did. Wow.... Glad I don't go to the dealer unless it's a recall. Won't even use the dealer for an alignment.... Once I get a bad vibe, that's it for me on almost anything..... Pay attention to your intuition and gut instincts. This is our inner self defense system telling us something isn't right. NEVER dismiss it! Hope this helps you and gives you some confidence not to take any BS! Good luck with whatever happens....

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: DesertN

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea they took it down and turned it off. But they didnt realize it had a parking guard on it so everytime they got in it it recorded the audio. They say. Na this thing isn't right. Doesnt feel like an n with performance package and other things also I have on recording. Gonna use it also. Cause when they write my report they say no problems found. And I also found out the service manager over revved the car when they had it once. Done with that dealer. They are pulling the edr to check the dates and times

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
If he manually defeated the revlimiter which has been done, yes. There have been a few such cases from both the VN and i30N. It's not difficult to do at WOT selecting a lower gear then is required. It overwhelms the electronic revlimiter. It will also be recorded in the EDR, with a date and time. It can be checked by the dealership and downloaded as a hard copy. However it can't be deleted or omitted, which is a point to remember.

If he did cause a overrev condition, it will be logged in the EDR.

·
Administrator
1,877 Posts
I miss shifted once. Once I knew what I did (which was immediate) I put the clutch right back in. It went high but not to the point of blowing the motor. No warning came up when it happened to me. Dealers suck!!!

Sorry this happened to you.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh he did. I was in the car with him. I definitely didnt expect him to do that. We were riding along about 80 in 5th. Next thing I know he slams to second hard. Said he was showing me the shifting issue that I kept saying it had. Hard to shift into second from first. Idk what the hell he was thinking. I immediately made a complaint with the gm of the dealer. He said well....its made to be driven like that. I said no not when its bringing up a warning on the LCD

·
Administrator
1,877 Posts
Wow, that is just plain out ridiculous what that tech did. What an idiot. I can see making a mistake going from say 3rd to 2nd. From 5th to 2nd is abuse....and on purpose no less. I would be nice at first but if they do NOT resolve the issue don't take any BS. Sounds like a new engine is in store here and possibly a new LSD. Stay positive and good luck!

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I mean I had problems with the car from the start. But after he did that it got way worse. The smoking power and gas mileage. At first it just didnt want to start everytime. Now that I know I can prove when it happens i will be opening a complaint with Hyundai.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Oh he did. I was in the car with him. I definitely didn't expect him to do that. We were riding along about 80 in 5th. Next thing I know he slams to second hard. Said he was showing me the shifting issue that I kept saying it had. Hard to shift into second from first. Idk what the hell he was thinking. I immediately made a complaint with the gm of the dealer. He said well....its made to be driven like that. I said no not when its bringing up a warning on the LCD
The proof will be undeniable with the support from the EDR.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Really sorry to hear about this man. I'm dealing with my own issues of crooked mechanics but luckily not hyundai themselves. Actually the dealer has had my back. My particular issue has now got the attention of corporate with enough perseverance. I'm also in contact with a lawyer if necessary. It really sucks but you have to fight tooth and nail for yourself. The level of protection for consumers in this area are clearly deficient. The only thing I can say about your recordings is just make sure your state isn't illegal to record people without their approval or you may not be able to use it.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
All he has to do is tell them "it was there to keep his investment intact and protected." Videoing another individual or circumstance is not illegal in itself, with regards from state to state. It can be used a admissible evidence in a court trial and doubly strong when you let the adversary know you have it on film. Can open a lot of doors owners direction.

Europe is another story altogether.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts