Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my track use last Saturday I noticed my alignment was off. So I decided to get it aligned today to avoid excess tire wear. The shop I took it to got it to where it felt a lot better but mentioned that the camber was still off due to the Veloster having a proprietary system that they weren’t able to adjust. Can anyone confirm this? I’m slightly irked they charged me the price they did just to tell me that if I want it aligned correctly I would have to take it to the dealer and pay again.

·
Registered
85 Posts
After my track use last Saturday I noticed my alignment was off. So I decided to get it aligned today to avoid excess tire wear. The shop I took it to got it to where it felt a lot better but mentioned that the camber was still off due to the Veloster having a proprietary system that they weren’t able to adjust. Can anyone confirm this? I’m slightly irked they charged me the price they did just to tell me that if I want it aligned correctly I would have to take it to the dealer and pay again.
Nothing fancy to setting the alignment on these cars. Take it to a performance shop and they'll get it done right.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does anyone know the OEM spec for our camber? What would be a solid negative camber to run for daily driving along with canyon runs on the weekend?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I prefer -1.5 currently on the N, but have run -2.0 on a WRX I used to autocross in for daily driving and -6.x for competition.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Does anyone know the OEM spec for our camber? What would be a solid negative camber to run for daily driving along with canyon runs on the weekend?
The factory settings are pulled from the service manual.

I'm gonna add more camber up front before the next event though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’m at around -1.0 in the rear, but I have Eibach springs and the thing dropped to -2.0 or so. I had to push them back up to get -1.0 with quite a few toe adjustments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts