Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I have a 2020 VN PP (chalk white) and I am looking to get some new wheels for it. I like the look of the big 19" wheels that come stock so I am not looking to downsize to 18's as many of you are doing. On top of that I love the look of our cars with a wider stance and want the performance benefits of having a fatter wheel and tire. After doing a lot of research I was able to find a 19x9.5 wheel with 35mm of offset that I liked the look of. Here is the comparison to stock:
Stock:
Width: 203mm
Offset: 55mm
Length from hub to inside rim of wheel: 156.6mm
Length from hub to outside rim of the wheel: 46.6mm

Aftermarket fatter wheel:
Width: 241.3mm
Offset: 35mm
Length from hub to inside rim of wheel: 155.65mm
Length from hub to outside rim of wheel: 85.65mm

Since the distance from the hub to the inner rim of the wheel is basically the same (-20mm from offset then +19mm due to fatter wheel) I am not worried about these wheels rubbing on the suspension or anything but what I am worried about is how much poke I would have and if I could get my fenders rolled or hammered out enough to fit the extra 39.95mm or 1.54 inches of wheel on the outer rim (+20mm from offset then +19mm from fatter wheel). Does anyone have experience with running 9.5 inch wheels or running any wheel that would add 1.5 inches to the outer rim of the wheel? If not does anyone have any opinions on if you think I could make this work or not?
Stock VS AFF7.png

Here are the wheels: AFF7
Thanks everyone,
Tyler

PS. This is my first post so hello everyone! I've been reading this form since before I bought my VN and you guys have answered many of my questions already but have never had my own topic to post about.
Stock VS AFF7.png

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
136 Posts
I think that's gonna poke a good amount - pretty sure you'll need to roll fenders at a minimum and might even need pulling.

Some guys have done 8.5 +35 and even that requires running a decent amount of neg camber. I haven't seen anyone do 9.5, much less +35.

·
Super Moderator
1,573 Posts
Our fenders are already rolled, especially the rears. Just an fyi. But I'd still use the 8.5 instead of the 9.5.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking to get some more tire on the ground and I liked how the inside measurements lines up perfectly with the 9.5 35mm but I agree, I don't think it'll work especially when I put lowering springs on it lol. you said even the 8.5 35mm would be tough? Should I look for something more in the 40-45 range?

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
136 Posts
I'm still waiting on my wheels but I went 8.5 +45 - that seems to be the sweet spot for decent fitment and easy to live with but def do your own research. +35 could work but based on the aftermarket wheel thread it sounds like +45 and higher causes the least amount of headache. My goal with wheels was to go slightly wider with mild fitment so I didn't have to worry about alignment specs or rubbing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "Tylord44, publicación: 18643, miembro: 2255"]
Estaba buscando poner más neumáticos en el suelo y me gustó cómo las medidas interiores se alinean perfectamente con el 9.5 35 mm, pero estoy de acuerdo, no creo que funcione, especialmente cuando le pongo resortes de descenso jajaja. ¿Dijiste que incluso el 8.5 35 mm sería difícil? ¿Debería buscar algo más en el rango 40-45?
[/CITAR]
Cae perfecto 9.5 a 40 offset

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just guessing here based on how my setup looks with 18x8 ET45 with a 235/40/18, but I think with a 9.5” wide wheel you’re going to push past the fender.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
[QUOTE = "Tylord44, publicación: 18643, miembro: 2255"]
Estaba buscando poner más neumáticos en el suelo y me gustó cómo las medidas interiores se alinean perfectamente con el 9.5 35 mm, pero estoy de acuerdo, no creo que funcione, especialmente cuando le pongo resortes de descenso jajaja. ¿Dijiste que incluso el 8.5 35 mm sería difícil? ¿Debería buscar algo más en el rango 40-45?
[/CITAR]
Cae perfecto 9.5 a 40 offset
Translated from above;

I was looking to put more tires on the ground and I liked how the inner dimensions aligned perfectly with the 9.5 35 mm, but I agree, I don't think it works, especially when I put in drop springs haha. You said that even the 8.5 35 mm would be difficult? Should I look for something else in the 40-45 range?

Traducido al español;

Amigo, por favor, publica en inglés. El foro es principalmente de habla inglesa y muchos aquí no hablan español castellano. Si necesitas un traductor para el inglés, usa este. Este es uno de los mejores traductores que hay y se acerca bastante a la forma.

Saludos

Translation; Friend, please publish in English. The forum is mainly English speaking and many here do not speak Spanish. If you need a translator for English, use this one. This is one of the best translators out there and it's pretty close to the form.

Greetings

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am running a 18x8 +35 on a 225/40 tire and I get a good amount of fender rubbing on bumps or dips on the highway as well speed humps like those in parking garages. I would not suggest going with anything lower than +40 and if I was to do this again I would def not go +35 again... unless you plan to roll the fenders. The look is rad to have a bit of poke but be aware that has been my experience. good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@bjbailer You must be lowered right? I'm running 19x8.5 +35 and I have no rubbing whatsoever. I don't have a poke shot but I'll get one this weekend. It's mean 😈

·
Registered
153 Posts
@bjbailer You must be lowered right? I'm running 19x8.5 +35 and I have no rubbing whatsoever. I don't have a poke shot but I'll get one this weekend. It's mean 😈 View attachment 4166
damn i love the bronze on the chalk white. very much like that!!! I think the biggest difference is that I am running 225/45/18 tires so I have a much thicker side wall. you look like you are running something much more narrow plus your wheel is 8.5 so you would stretch the tire more therefore have a skinnier sidewall. It is all about the million factors that go in. So I guess my suggestion is 18x8 +35 with a 225/45 tire will produce rub. if I went with different tire it would probably fix it. But honestly next time I want closer to the stock offset. my whole set up was on a budget. used wheels and tires. needed a beater set and well got what I paid for.

·
Registered
153 Posts
for those looking for reference. motegi mr116 18x8 +35 with hubcentric rings TPMS from 24/7TPMS Contiprocontacts 225/45/18
IMG_1283.jpg
IMG_1274.jpg
IMG_1272.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you, I love the bronze too, just gotta keep em clean or they turn brown haha. I have 235/30 tire so that would do it, I'm thinking going 245 or even 255 but I'll stick with the 30 so I'll probably get some rubbing with that but we'll see. Nothing a little fender rolling and a touch of camber won't fix tho😏.
Very nice with the black and red on those wheels as well, I like the upgraded stock kinda look, very clean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts