Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys! Is anyone here have or is using the AFE Scorcher power module i will like to know if any issues any info will be appreciated!!!! I know about the others piggyback out there but this one only one i need info to make my decision Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
I have it, and no problems with anything I have done. A new down pipe goes on in a few months. Car's in storage for the winter. Here is my build thread and what I have done.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
167 Posts
I also have one thanks to Ghost and his ability to make me want to buy stuff. Its a great little piggy back system. You can feel the difference, each time I need to remove it to go to the dealer I can honestly feel the difference, due to UT and our stupid no 93 octane I only run mine in the 3rd mode (orange... not sure what it is called). This spring I may take to mixing my own fuel with a bit of 100 octane (VP C10 or something like that) since I own a few vehicle I can keep the nice stuff a little longer in this. Back when I raced my DSM I ran C16 full time in it. The C16 due to the lead will make your exhaust burn white, its sort of weird to see when walking past a bunch of cars from the rear, the 3" pipe being all white stands out....

Buy the tuner, try to time a sale since it makes it that much more affordable. I got my for 357 back on memorial day sales. $70 is not a lot, but it almost pays for the new plugs you will need. So it helps.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm going to guess your DSM didn't have a cat in it. Don't run leaded in a cat'd system unless you want some expensive repairs.

Burning leaded fuel in your catalytic converter-equipped car causes several problems. The lead in the fuel reacts with the metal catalyst in the converter and destroys its function, your car will cause more pollution. Because your car was designed to use a catalytic converter, it won't run as well when the converter is nonfunctional. Continuing to use leaded fuel can cause the converter to build up excessive heat and even catch fire under certain conditions.

-Sam

·
Registered
167 Posts
Heck no, DSMlink, externally dumped Tial wastegate, 3" full pipe exhaust. Thing could wake the dead, I seen people swerve across many lanes of the freeways when I opened her up and the wastegate opened to the externally vent o2 pipe.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah, my buddy was running the same in silver. I was driving a SRT-4 back then with a full nitrous setup. Good times!

-Sam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts