Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed this the other day and captured a few shots to hopefully help the next person considering this modification.

Aeroforce Technology Inc | Welcome

Also available here:
https://www.845motorsports.com/shop...veloster-n-hyundai/kdm-aeroforce-interceptor/

Here is a comparison between the stock vent and gauge pod vent:

Gauge pod vent coloring is slightly off compared to the stock unit, but you’ll really only notice if you’re looking. Aeroforce says their pods are OEM vents so I’m guessing they just haven’t found the right color yet. The pod also lacks the small strip of foam seal around the perimeter.

The pod will fit any 52mm gauge.

The gauge itself is slightly smaller and the directions recommend wrapping the outside of the gauge in hockey or electrical tape. (The measurement here is of the body of the gauge.)

I used trim tools to remove the stock vent, and then a plastic needle with some yarn to guide the cable.

Overall a relatively easy install.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for this post, I'm definitely getting these at some point this year. Unfortunate the color isn't exact, but I probably wouldn't mind either. How was the removal of trim and guiding the cable through the vent? Glad to see there's a gap it can go through so we don't have to drill anything.

On 845's website they mention the "gauge color" option, is this referring to the color of the LED screen?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for this post, I'm definitely getting these at some point this year. Unfortunate the color isn't exact, but I probably wouldn't mind either. How was the removal of trim and guiding the cable through the vent? Glad to see there's a gap it can go through so we don't have to drill anything.

On 845's website they mention the "gauge color" option, is this referring to the color of the LED screen?
Glad it was helpful. I used trim removal tools, a rag on the dash where I pried, and took it slow to avoid any damage. Came out just fine with a little pressure.

The gauge does come in different LED screen colors. Blue is most commonly shown, but I went with white/black after reading online about it being the best for contrast and for day/night driving. Plus, it more closely matches the stock gauge colors.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Paint the gauge pod to the correct color. Govv by to the Aero Force website;
I have the dual pod setup with some added sensors for more in depth data logging.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hows the pod retention on the dual pod into the dash? I am looking at getting the dual with one of their gauges and a boost gauge. As always RVN, thanks ahead of time for the response.

OP, great post, and great attention to details Sir. Looking forward to see what else comes of the car.

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N
58 Posts
Thanks for this post; I've looked into this before and you've answered all the questions I had about this setup. All that said, the JB4 and most other piggyback units do not play nicely with sharing the OBDII port, due to issues with polling rate, serial data flushing and the car's ECU keeping up. So short of programming your own OBDII proxy using an Arduino (poll the OBDII from the Arduino, and then duplicate the serial data and pass it on to all other devices, by having them connected to custom OBDII ports on your proxy box), you would have to use gauges that pull directly from sensors. Which is probably fine, because in my case, the JB4 already logs and provides virtual gauges for everything that can be obtained from OBDII data. Things like oil pressure require installed sensors anyway.

Which reminds me, I've found a setup that allows me to use the car's infotainment as an extended gauge cluster using the JB4. I'll make a post about it and how to do it, when I can get around to making it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts