Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting an intake for my Veloster N but I'm sure whitch one to get. I would like to know anyone opinion on Aem or Injen intakes?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Between the 2 I would go with aem it’s a more closed intake box. It will still let warm air in though. If you want the most cold air set up, it’s the takeda.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I would get more power from the Takeda and less sound, and vice versa for Aem?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes. Over time the heat will soak into the AEM more but if you also get the velossa tech ram air intake adapter it should mitigate some of the heat. I am going to go with the AEM and the velossa tech air ram as well as a custom turbo inlet hose. I initially thought for sure the takeda but after watching a video of the AEM, it sounds incredible. Almost like you put an aftermarket BOV on it. (Aftermarket BOV’s void the warranty)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I was also wandering if I would need a tune after installing the big mouth and intake. I heard not tuning your car after an intake install will do more harm than good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
A tune would maximize the potential out of any new parts. A tune will maximize the potential out of stock parts as well. Your Not going to lose power by adding a intake unless your taking in hotter air. Your ECU will adjust to a lot of mods just fine. Certain parts do require a tune, or a piggyback or a flash to get the computer to make more drastic changes in the AFR and timing. Do your research and read the forums for specific parts and what they require. Especially if your thinking about anything that’s voids the warranty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info. I've done some research on the jb4 tune and i might go with that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes. Over time the heat will soak into the AEM more but if you also get the velossa tech ram air intake adapter it should mitigate some of the heat. I am going to go with the AEM and the velossa tech air ram as well as a custom turbo inlet hose. I initially thought for sure the takeda but after watching a video of the AEM, it sounds incredible. Almost like you put an aftermarket BOV on it. (Aftermarket BOV’s void the warranty)
just the AEM intake wont void warranty? or would you have to swap the stock one back in before going back to the dealer?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Anything done to the intake and exhaust system as long as the part itself doesn’t cause the problem, will not not void the warranty. I think a bigger inter cooler is covered also. Search the forums, you will find a couple of places were the short list of what is and isent covered Is posted. It’s a statement from Hyundai.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts