Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I contacted my local dealership 2 months or so back telling them I was interested in either a used or new Veloster N with performance package as long as the out the door price was under $30k. Excitingly, they found me a new 2020 around 2-3 weeks ago with an OTD price of $29,990 at a different less local dealer that was willing to trade it to them. This was alright but right at the tippy top of my price range so I told them I am certainly interested just as long as they original offer on my trade in stays near what they originally told me.

Well it has been 2-3 weeks and they have not responded to a single one of my communications since then. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this scenario since I am beginning to be slightly frustrated at it? I have considered reaching out to the dealer that currently has the car since it is still for sale on their lot but it's around 300 miles away so it's kind of a haul to go check a car out, and I also understand the sales person may just be busy or on vacation, but this amount of time with no response seems excessive to me. Do I walk away from this or do I put pressure on the sales person that seems to potentially be ignoring me?

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
557 Posts
Interesting, because I have read that used car prices are rising in a number of markets. My attitude toward sales is that they should be pressuring me and not vice-versa. My 2 cents. When a salesman ghosts you they don't want your business. 300 miles is a haul, but it does not hurt to see how bad that dealership wants to sell. The 2021 models are right around the corner and they might cut you a deal. It never hurts to call. I don't know how bad you want to trade your current ride though. I kept my Coupe which is not typical.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting, because I have read that used car prices are rising in a number of markets. My attitude toward sales is that they should be pressuring me and not vice-versa. My 2 cents. When a salesman ghosts you they don't want your business. 300 miles is a haul, but it does not hurt to see how bad that dealership wants to sell. The 2021 models are right around the corner and they might cut you a deal. It never hurts to call. I don't know how bad you want to trade your current ride though. I kept my Coupe which is not typical.
Yeah the used market here spiked maybe a month ago but seems to be settled back to normal pricing for most cars. And I feel they would be insane to not try to get that 2020 off their lot ASAP. The combination of 2021s being out now/soon and the fact that we are already getting snow makes me feel like that 2020 isn't going to really be a hot item for them. But maybe that is wishful thinking

·
Administrator
1,879 Posts
My God if I sold cars I would be in contact with my customers all the time so I didn't miss out on any commissions. This salesman is NOT a good one. Just saying.... Also, make sure thay haven't sold it. With the delay in communication that is the 1st thing I would think, especially since it's 300 miles away. It's not like you can physically go and check on it being that far away. This would put up warning signals for me.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My God if I sold cars I would be in contact with my customers all the time so I didn't miss out on any commissions. This salesman is NOT a good one. Just saying.... Also, make sure thay haven't sold it. With the delay in communication that is the 1st thing I would think, especially since it's 300 miles away. It's not like you can physically go and check on it being that far away. This would put up warning signals for me.

Best regards,

-Mike
Funny you replied this when you did. I had been checking on the dealer with the car periodically over time and up until yesterday they hadn't sold it. So I guess regardless of bad salesperson or not that ship has sailed. Oh well another will show up eventually and I can try again then.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Stop trying to buy the car over the internet, and just go to a dealership that you know has one and buy it. Most salesman when you
aggressively start to negotiate price over the internet they assume that you're going to be a difficult customer and rather just not deal with you. if you show up in person ready to do business you usually get what you want. Call the dealership and set up appointment to come look at the N. That tells the sales person your serious customer, and you want to do business and you're serious, and won't waste this time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The N is over 300 miles away so I kind of have to start over the internet lol. Also with COVID I am trying my best to do as much of the work remotely as I can. And on top of that my message trying to schedule an appointment to meet is the one he stopped replying to me on.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The N is over 300 miles away so I kind of have to start over the internet lol. Also with COVID I am trying my best to do as much of the work remotely as I can. And on top of that my message trying to schedule an appointment to meet is the one he stopped replying to me on.
Shoots man that's sucks having the dealership so far away. I usually just call the dealerships directly and set up an appointment to come look at the vehicle. with most dealerships cycling through staff so quick chances are the guy you were talking to doesn't even work there anymore and the lead is just lost. But trust me man when you finally get one it's worth it. They are about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on. 👍

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have a dealership here in middle TN who would jump through hoops to take care of you. PM me if you want some contact information and I'm sure they're work with you to get you what you want at a price that fits for you. I ended up buying two from them.

-Sam

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a dealership here in middle TN who would jump through hoops to take care of you. PM me if you want some contact information and I'm sure they're work with you to get you what you want at a price that fits for you. I ended up buying two from them.

-Sam
Tennessee is a longgg ways away from me (like 1000 miles) so they'd probably have to be significantly under MSRP for me to consider paying that shipping. If you think they would sell something that cheap though I may be interested

·
Registered
165 Posts
Tennessee is a longgg ways away from me (like 1000 miles) so they'd probably have to be significantly under MSRP for me to consider paying that shipping. If you think they would sell something that cheap though I may be interested
Probably not that cheaply. I can PM you the guys info and you can call him and he should be able to provide you with the numbers.

-Sam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts