·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Veloster N with performance package
Purchased: Nov 2019
Current Miles: 22,173
Event Time: approx 5AM pst

All scheduled maintenance has been taken care of and the car has been driven normally.

The only thing out of place yesterday was how much gas I burned threw. It was weird and out of place. Nothing else.

I was driving to work this morning on the freeway in eco mode.
The car died and lost all power from the engine. Lights were still working & on
I got the message on my screen saying A possible condition with your ECS has been detected *

I was able to get the car to the right side of the freeway & stop. The lights and everything work but now I have the check engine light oil light and battery indicators are all on.

the car will not start but turn over. After letting it sit waiting for the tow from blue link. It will start and idle super highfor a few seconds then dies / if you put it in 1st or gas itdies off.

no metal on metal grinding or clicking. Everything sounds normal and oil level is good. Just needs a oil change soon.

The car is being towed to the dealer I got it from & im at home again waiting for them to open so I can call and let them know what’s going on apart from blue link.

I’ll try and update this as I hear anything back.

·
Super Moderator
1,196 Posts
Sounds like a bad battery.... I have heard this happening when the voltage gets below a certain point. Hope that's all it is? Keep us posted.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
195 Posts
Veloster N with performance package
Purchased: Nov 2019
Current Miles: 22,173
Event Time: approx 5AM pst

All scheduled maintenance has been taken care of and the car has been driven normally.

The only thing out of place yesterday was how much gas I burned threw. It was weird and out of place. Nothing else.

I was driving to work this morning on the freeway in eco mode.
The car died and lost all power from the engine. Lights were still working & on
I got the message on my screen saying A possible condition with your ECS has been detected *

I was able to get the car to the right side of the freeway & stop. The lights and everything work but now I have the check engine light oil light and battery indicators are all on.

the car will not start but turn over. After letting it sit waiting for the tow from blue link. It will start and idle super highfor a few seconds then dies / if you put it in 1st or gas itdies off.

no metal on metal grinding or clicking. Everything sounds normal and oil level is good. Just needs a oil change soon.

The car is being towed to the dealer I got it from & im at home again waiting for them to open so I can call and let them know what’s going on apart from blue link.

I’ll try and update this as I hear anything back.
Sorry about your misfortune brother. Please keep us posted.

-JE

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update #1: I called the dealership service dept @ 7AM pst (I’m in SoCal) sharp. I got the service manager who informed me “I’ll see if I can get to it today. Everyone with an appointment takes priority I’ll call you later & let you know if I can look at it today”

seems fair enough. A little dismissive but I’m not gunna start with that. My focus is the car, the problem & solution.

called them at 12:30 just for an update & to see if I’m able to get one of their courtesy vehicles as this is some thing I believe that is under my warranty of some thing that I pay for let me know if I’m wrong!!

Service manager called me back about five minutes ago it’s 1 o’clock right now.

“ i’m not gonna be able to look at your car today our scanner system is down and it’s connected to the Hyundai headquarters (Just complete fluff bullshit and I can get you in a rental if you need“

I know he’s completely full of **** saying that their scanners are down and there’s no way for them to scan the vehicle for the code!
* i’m slightly insulted but my focus is the car the problem and the solution.

I have since got a car for work tonight 10pm-6am
I won’t know anything till they can “scan for codes” so I’m assuming sometime tomorrow morning I’ll have another update.

I hope it’s just an easy fix easy as well. But we shall see.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Actually, Hyundai service department GDS's are periodically updated by Hyundai to include the most recent model and system updates. All Hyundai software is proprietary and must be acquired directly from Hyundai. Depending upon the number of service GDS units the dealership owns will determine the length of time it will take them. Additionally, he is correct about prior scheduled service appointments. They do have particular priority over tow in or unscheduled emergencies appointments.

Might I suggest not jumping to negative conclusions, until you're certain this is the case. Your service manager is providing you with a loaner, even if it's not based upon a known warranted issue. So there is some good faith, good will and intentions, being afforded you directly. Don't cause yourself undue concern, especially when there is none.:)(y)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, hopefully they'll get you squared away. Maybe just give them a call back once or twice a day for an update. Hopefully it's just the battery! Keep us updated!

-Sam

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much to everyone for the feed back. It’s appreciated..!!!!

I work the night shift so I forgot to post for a few days.

Update: Hyundai called me on Tuesdayaround noon saying they had a loaner for me to pick up. Mmsame issue as before. The Hyundai system is down and they couldnt tell me what was going on.

currently driving
Hyundai Kona reddish color.
givin to me at 508 I think total miles

I thought I was getting the razzle dazzle but from everyone’s feed back bi was wrong.

I just got home from work. I’ll try calling Hyundai when I get up later this afternoon.

but it seems like everything is at a standstill till Hyundai gets there system back up.

have a chill day everyone.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
You're welcome! I'd rather see you take a positive perspective, then falling victim to pessimism. When we find out the truth of an issue, it tends to relieve any relative confusion, frustration or anger. Definitely takes the burn and ashes away, so to speak.:)(y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update #!?!?: Sunday I know they have been at work but closed over the weekend.
Again thanks for all the feedback I appreciate all of you for it.

no work from the dealer. Not have I called to bother them.

as for the rental Kona suv they supplied.
Original miles was 508 or something.

due to my commute to work we are currently sitting at 1200+ original miles now.

I’ll post an update when I hear from the the dealer.

I hope everyone had a chill weekend.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: I got a message from Highlander sometime this morning informing me that they ordered a new high-pressure fuel pump for my car and if they will keep me updated on the repair

i work at night so I work from 10 PM to 6 AM

Unfortunately I am awake at 1 PM and only manage to get like four hours of sleep.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Ok, that's odd with an ESC warning. I suppose that was because the engine died and all systems safety systems would go off line. Wonder what the trouble code it threw was? I can understand the car dieing with a bad HPFP. Seems to be starting as a regular occurance.

Go back to bed and get your rest, you need it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m wondering what could make it give me a ecu or whatever warning as well.

it’s weird tho.My old bmw had like a massive misfiring issue.... I’ll spare the details but one hpfp later +100 is miles and the car fucking basically broke down same issue but it wasn’t the pump & I ended up spending 20k on repairs and parts on it. But the bmw was8 yr old at that point and had 180k miles.

anyways I’ll update when I hear anything and I’ll see if I can get them totell me the code or look for it on my paperwork whenever I get my car back.

goodnight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update: the dealer called my mom 🥰😍🤪 to let her know to let me know my car was ready to get picked up.
I fucking appreciate that so much as I was dead ass asleep/ comatosed from work.

rental / loaner
Returned with 1553 original miles & a full tank

I paid ZERO dollars for everything the was repaired on my car🥸🤩🤩

I’m super grateful for all of you & blessed.
Thanks for the support y’all’s. I’ll try to be active here. But I’m a street bike guy myself 😜

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts