Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually drive my N in "N custom mode" and every time I shut the car off it resets to "Normal."
Is there any way to keep your last setting?
I also drive these cold days with both the seat and steering wheel heaters on, would also like it if the car could remember these settings, instead of resetting them all.

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N
61 Posts
To make the settings automatic, you'd need to bring some simple electronics expertise into play. At the end of the day, even though everything is controlled by the computer, the button for these features is still just an analog button that tells the computer what you intend to do, by temporarily closing (or opening) a circuit. Essentially what you'd need to do is track the current settings yourself, and mimic the button presses on every vehicle start, to automatically tell the computer what settings you want active.

I'd probably do this with an Arduino Nano; you'd need it to tap into the circuits for each button, so that it can detect when you've manually pressed the button, as well as close (or open) the circuit itself when instructed to, which you can do by also feeding it switched ignition power and battery power. Whenever the Nano receives battery power (after having been powered off), it resets its stored settings to the default settings of the car on start. Whenever the Nano receives switched ignition power, it simulates you pressing the button however many times necessary, to get you into your desired setting. Every time you manually press a button while the car is running, the Nano stores what your desired setting is. So if you go into Custom, the Nano knows it needs to simulate pressing the N button twice, when it receives its next switched ignition signal.

·
Registered
375 Posts
What's frustrating is the long starts and horrible driving behavior while the engine is cold. Hitting a button twice is no big deal imo.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's frustrating is the long starts and horrible driving behavior while the engine is cold. Hitting a button twice is no big deal imo.
Yes no big deal, but it would be nice if your car could keep all the driver settings, instead of resetting after every drive.
They have memory for your seats, why not memory for all the settings.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I usually drive my N in "N custom mode" and every time I shut the car off it resets to "Normal."
Is there any way to keep your last setting?
I also drive these cold days with both the seat and steering wheel heaters on, would also like it if the car could remember these settings, instead of resetting them all.
Yeah I knew this eyes wide open when I bought the car (the whole drive mode reset) and since I'm a lazy ***(!) I'm pretty okay with straight Sport Mode, though you don't get the 'snap crackle and pops'!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
To make the settings automatic, you'd need to bring some simple electronics expertise into play. At the end of the day, even though everything is controlled by the computer, the button for these features is still just an analog button that tells the computer what you intend to do, by temporarily closing (or opening) a circuit. Essentially what you'd need to do is track the current settings yourself, and mimic the button presses on every vehicle start, to automatically tell the computer what settings you want active.

I'd probably do this with an Arduino Nano; you'd need it to tap into the circuits for each button, so that it can detect when you've manually pressed the button, as well as close (or open) the circuit itself when instructed to, which you can do by also feeding it switched ignition power and battery power. Whenever the Nano receives battery power (after having been powered off), it resets its stored settings to the default settings of the car on start. Whenever the Nano receives switched ignition power, it simulates you pressing the button however many times necessary, to get you into your desired setting. Every time you manually press a button while the car is running, the Nano stores what your desired setting is. So if you go into Custom, the Nano knows it needs to simulate pressing the N button twice, when it receives its next switched ignition signal.
As a software engineer myself that's a lot of work to find the all the inputs for your custom mode vs just pressing the button twice lol.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Its more annoying if you want traction off in custom mode. You have to press twice and then hold it for 3 seconds. But it always feels like forever

·
Registered
375 Posts
Its more annoying if you want traction off in custom mode. You have to press twice and then hold it for 3 seconds. But it always feels like forever
Yea. I actually just settled for sport traction control rather than off because of that.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yes no big deal, but it would be nice if your car could keep all the driver settings, instead of resetting after every drive.
They have memory for your seats, why not memory for all the settings.
Yea. At least it does save how you set up N custom last you used it.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I think this might possibly void the warranty, LOL! 😅 Anyway, I agree it's annoying but it's two button pushes. Besides, I like to keep mine in normal when it's warming up, or sometimes even Eco. Keeps me in mellow mode until the car reaches full operating temperature. That's how I view it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think this might possibly void the warranty, LOL! 😅 Anyway, I agree it's annoying but it's two button pushes. Besides, I like to keep mine in normal when it's warming up, or sometimes even Eco. Keeps me in mellow mode until the car reaches full operating temperature. That's how I view it.
It's more than two buttons for me because I like to keep my seat and steering wheel heat on when I get into the car on cold days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts