Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Veloster N will be using a larger 2.0l turbocharged engine with direct injection. This powerplant will produce 275hp and 260lb-ft of torque. This engine is backed by a close ratio, short throw six speed manual that has rev matching.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You will only get 275hp if you opt for the performance pack. The standard model will have 250 on tap. I'm hoping that we can see that figure climb closer to 300 with proper aftermarket support.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Of all brands competing in this segment I have the most confidence in that Hyundai will give us something more.

A trim above the Performance Pack would help but there's always a chance they might ditch it for another product.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to consider the fact that when the first generation Golf R launched it only had 240hp. This is an excellent starting point for Hyundai and I'm sure they will continue to up the base performance of this model with future revisions.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So far at the peak of this segment we're seeing numbers close to the 300hp mark, the Type R is one of them and i don't think it would be unreasonable to expect at least another 25-30 more horses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts