Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
No but I’ve done some considerable research on the REV6 & JB4 The REV6 is dynamometer tunable where the JB4 is not. This unit is made for the VN, where as the JB4 is not but a multi-model generic unit. Otherwise, one size fits all.
Jb4 has map 6 which is a custom map-is that what you mean by dyno tuned?

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
No, dynamometer tunable is being able to map the unit via a dyno on the fly. The customizable map has nothing to do with being able tune the unit via a dyno. You can only set the adjustable parameters in the JB4 piggyback unit.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N PP M/T
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
No, dynamometer tunable is being able to map the unit via a dyno on the fly. The customizable map has nothing to do with being able tune the unit via a dyno. You can only set the adjustable parameters in the JB4 piggyback unit.
Both units have positives and negatives compared to each other. I do lean towards the rev6 as it is made for a VN where as the JB4 is generic for Hyundai/Kia. Drive mode syncro is a pretty solid feature as well. Rev Map 1 is around 2psi which is great if you want to run just a touch more boost without having to make a custom map. Its compareable to the NGS on the DCT. Map 2 and 3 will bump it up to 4-5psi if you need more which is compareable to Map1 and 2 of the JB4. The problem is that the Rev6 has been out of stock for a while.

·
Registered
83 Posts
At this point in time I'd take an honest look at the EK1. I feel like Rev6 and JB4 will never be able to truly compete with an actual handheld tuner/tunability.

·
Registered
417 Posts
At this point in time I'd take an honest look at the EK1. I feel like Rev6 and JB4 will never be able to truly compete with an actual handheld tuner/tunability.
Cost vs Gains isn't worth it for the EK1 unless you really want to have a tablet mounted in the car. I was a big proponent of having a "handheld" type tuner for our cars, but something like an accessport seems like it won't be happening. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy it exists, I just can't justify spending $1400 on it to gain some power.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Cost vs Gains isn't worth it for the EK1 unless you really want to have a tablet mounted in the car. I was a big proponent of having a "handheld" type tuner for our cars, but something like an accessport seems like it won't be happening. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy it exists, I just can't justify spending $1400 on it to gain some power.
the worst part is the stage 3 tune-which brings it up to like$1900

·
Registered
417 Posts
the worst part is the stage 3 tune-which brings it up to like$1900
Spending 2k on the Ek1 is mind boggling. I understand the costs associated with development and chip shortages are causing price increases as well, but it sucks that we can't even use it for JUST the gauges without an unlocked ECU. (someone from SXTH can correct me if I am wrong).

21 - 28 of 28 Posts