Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked around for a answer to this (I didn’t search to hard to be honest) but I couldn’t find anything. I’m curious about if anyone knows the limits of the 6-speed manual power wise, how much can it take? What’s a safe area to stay around? besides what the engine limits are.

·
Registered
2020 VN PP Chalk White
192 Posts
Someone else jump in and correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the stock ecu on the manual limits max torque to 360 lb/ft.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know the 6mt is capable of handling more power than the dct models. There are quite a few people running stuffed turbos making 24lbs of boost on the stock transmission so until you're to the point of swapping a turbo I wouldn't worry about.

·
Registered
2021 Veloster N DCT
101 Posts
I know the 6mt is capable of handling more power than the dct models. There are quite a few people running stuffed turbos making 24lbs of boost on the stock transmission so until you're to the point of swapping a turbo I wouldn't worry about.
Just out of curiosity, is there some data showing the capabilities of the 6mt vs the dct?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Until I’m able to locate the thread, this might help give you and idea as to the capability of the transmission. The TCR’s maximum torque produced is; 460 nm which equates to 339 ft lbs of torque.

I‘d say this is at the top for the OEM transmission and clutch. I remember the specifications which are 410 nm for the i30N, which equates to roughly 302 ft lbs. OEM Torque limiter comes in at 310 ft lbs.👍🇺🇸

·
Registered
13 Posts
Until I’m able to locate the thread, this might help give you and idea as to the capability of the transmission. The TCR’s maximum torque produced is; 460 nm which equates to 339 ft lbs of torque.

I‘d say this is at the top for the OEM transmission and clutch. I remember the specifications which are 410 nm for the i30N, which equates to roughly 302 ft lbs. OEM Torque limiter comes in at 310 ft lbs.👍🇺🇸
interesting! Thanks for that!
I wonder what the DCT could handle in comparison?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts