Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yeah you're right about that lol I've rebuilt so many 6mt's I can't even remember them all but hey man you were right 👌🏻 I've literally never seen anything like that except in a over the road truck. That's my bad haha

With that said I don't see how you could be stuck in the other final output without causing catastrophic failure simply because 6th is gonna be locked to its final drive ratio 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️
The transmission would literally explode lol.

and no worries I really thought it was weird when I watched the EE video too, I had to find the diagram and see for myself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm glad you found it! That is pretty crazy I'm not gonna lie haha That does explain why everyone's aftermarket shortthrow fucks everything up and ends up coming right back out of the car 😂

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
478 Posts
Yesterday, I had my N out to detail and drive a 1991 JDM modded NSX. What a blast. The owner then drove my VN and was shocked at how well he liked it. He said the steering and brakes were perfect and the engine from 4k up was excellent. The corning was awesome.

I recall that I am around 2500 k at 70 mph. Since this is fully mechanical from the engine to the wheels and any difference, as has been stated before, would result in something failing in a catastrophic way quickly. All of the instrumentation is fully electronic. Have you pulled the power from the battery and bleed it to ground to discharge all of the capacitors? I would do that has an easy and harmless way to fully reset all of your electronics. If that fails, I am going to bet you have a messed-up sensor or two which will be replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
4k up is weak as hell lol the car doesn't even feel like it's boosting anymore after 4k, it's like the turbo "turned off" haha

·
Registered
478 Posts
4k up is weak as hell lol the car doesn't even feel like it's boosting anymore after 4k, it's like the turbo "turned off" haha
I generally pull a bit lower and shift between 5k and 6k, but he seemed to like it. The NSX is NA so maybe it felt more like that car. We were on twisty back roads too, so he was keeping it in the rpm range the NXS liked. That NSX really sings between 6k and 8k!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Also keep in mind that Biermann does not like turbo-lag and wants these engines to feel like NA engines as much as possible. This engine has a very flat torque curve across the band. Apparently, that is supposed to be a good thing, but I have to say I enjoyed it when the 2ZZ in my Vibe went "on the cam" and gave me a nice boost in power between 6400 and 8200 rpm.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts