Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 VN PP MT Perf. Blue, 22 KN Sonic Blue
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took my car to the dyno yesterday and it is now making 352 HP. The torque and power curves look awesome for track driving. Before blowing my stock turbo and before installing the stage II tune from SXTH I was making 262 HP. You can see the charts and their comparison below.
Rectangle Font Schematic Material property Parallel

At this point I think the car is exactly where I want it for track driving.

intake:
  • Velossa tech big mouth
  • K&N filter and heat shield
  • SXTH 3.75” CF intake
  • SXTH turbo inlet
  • Forge intercooler
  • Airtec big boost pipes
  • Boomba throttle body spacer and manifold spacer
Turbo
  • SXTH stuffed turbo
BPV
  • GFB Mach 2 recirc
  • Pierburg solenoid
Engine
  • Boomba stage I and stage II catch cans
  • NGK R2556G-9 spark plugs
  • Turbo tech racing upper motor mount
  • Boomba lower motor mount
  • Forge coolant hoses/dress up kit performance blue
  • Airtec oil cooler
  • TCR HPFP
Exhaust
  • Rpm performance catless down pipe
  • Ark non resonated mid pipe
Transmission/Drivetrain
  • Xclutch 7.25” racing clutch
  • Boomba short shift adapter
  • Boomba shifter cable bushings
  • Boomba shifter base bushings
Suspension/Handling
  • Whiteline 24mm sway bar front and rear
  • Whiteline sway bar end links front and rear
  • Whiteline strut top mounts
  • Spc camber bolts
  • Enthuspec rigid front subframe washers
Brakes
  • Girodisc two piece floating rotors front and rear
  • Enthuspec braided brake lines
  • Gloc r-16 front brake pads
Aero/body
  • Verus engineering canards
  • Adro v2 rear wing
  • (Still on order) AMS carbon fiber vented hood
Tires/wheels
  • Spare stock set of rims with
  • Michelin pilot sport cup 2s
  • Stock set of rims with
  • Toyo exstensa hp II
Random
  • Redline hood gas struts
  • Sound generator delete
  • I got rid of the blue link stuff in my mirror and replaced it with my garage door opener. It’s kind of fun pushing the sos button or maps button to open the garage door. Haha
As I said earlier I am pretty happy with where the car is. Once I get the new hood in I think the only change I would make is getting a set of O.Z. Legera HLT bright race grey 19x8 45mm offset wheels. I would also like to try the Eagle f1 supercar 3R tires at some point.

Including some photos of the car as it is right now. My fiancée is going to detail it later today, so excuse how dirty it is :)
Hood Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Sky Car Plant

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For what it’s worth the dyno was done in Orem Utah close to the elevation of 4560 ft elevation and running 91 octane both times. Not sure how much that would effect a turbo vehicle if at all.

·
Registered
2020 Veloster N w/PP
56 Posts
For what it’s worth the dyno was done in Orem Utah close to the elevation of 4560 ft elevation and running 91 octane both times. Not sure how much that would effect a turbo vehicle if at all.
Awesome to see you’re local(ish), I’m by Hill AFB. Man you put in WORK on this thing. Thanks for the write up. Jealous of that Adro V2 wing 😆

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome to see you’re local(ish), I’m by Hill AFB. Man you put in WORK on this thing. Thanks for the write up. Jealous of that Adro V2 wing 😆
Yeah. Looking into doing a cars and coffee sometime up in salt lake county. It would be fun to see other Ns up there, but I don’t know when or where we have any cars and coffee things. Haha

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
249 Posts
Numbers seem a little low for a stuffed turbo? Especially on your stage 2 tune before the turbo upgrade. If you look at my build thread, the stage 2 tune got me 301whp and about 320wtrq. I would expect the stuffed turbo to get you damn near 400whp. I just got the regular EN turbo and the numbers you have are what I expect with said turbo.

How many runs did you do? Did you let it cool down to let the heat soak dissipate before you runs?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Numbers seem a little low for a stuffed turbo? Especially on your stage 2 tune before the turbo upgrade. If you look at my build thread, the stage 2 tune got me 301whp and about 320wtrq. I would expect the stuffed turbo to get you damn near 400whp. I just got the regular EN turbo and the numbers you have are what I expect with said turbo.

How many runs did you do? Did you let it cool down to let the heat soak dissipate before you runs?
The first numbers (262 HP) did not include any tune. It was mostly just CAI and intercooler. I never got it on a dyno with the stage II before it blew. They did two runs, but not much cool down. The first run showed 343 and the second 352

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
249 Posts
Those seem to be the numbers they advertise for just the regular EN turbo. I'd take some data logs and send them to Nate to ensure everything is working within their tunes expected parameters.

Here's what their turbo product page states:

Code:
The OEM Kona N/Elantra N turbocharger is capable of 340 WHP at safe boost levels while providing fast spool while our hybrid turbocharger can support 400+ WHP with proper fueling.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those seem to be the numbers they advertise for just the regular EN turbo. I'd take some data logs and send them to Nate to ensure everything is working within their tunes expected parameters.

Here's what their turbo product page states:

Code:
The OEM Kona N/Elantra N turbocharger is capable of 340 WHP at safe boost levels while providing fast spool while our hybrid turbocharger can support 400+ WHP with proper fueling.
I will definitely check it out with them here soon. What tool are you using to get data logs? I have a blue driver obd2 that gives live data, but it isn’t returning anything about turbo psi or some other things. I’m hoping to get the EK1 pro when it comes back in stock.

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
249 Posts
Oh I didn't know they were still pre-flashing ECUs without EK1Pro. When you get it, they have a guide to tell you which items to include in your logs and you simply just start and stop it, it creates a csv file with the logs and you send that over to them.

Sorry I couldn't help further, I assumed you already had the ek1pro. Your graph and results are still very healthy tho! I just think you can safely get more out of it. Definitely worth investigating. Maybe shoot nate an email and see if he has any recommendations for gathering log data in the meanwhile.

·
Registered
2020 RR PP
249 Posts
P.S - Glad you're back out on the road in only 2 months with an entirely new vehicle(performance wise)! Fingers crossed that it's only smooth sailing from here on out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
P.S - Glad you're back out on the road in only 2 months with an entirely new vehicle(performance wise)! Fingers crossed that it's only smooth sailing from here on out.
It’s definitely satisfying! I feel like I learned a lot about my car in the process and it’s an awesome feeling fixing my own car from a failure like that! Makes the car mean that much more to me now

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also, it definitely is a new vehicle performance wise! Haha. Drove the Kona N for the first time yesterday since I got the Veloster fixed and I hardly recognized it! Haha

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
734 Posts
I would think the altitude would make a difference even with a turbo. The ECU is going to lean out the mixture anyway. I used to live in Albuquerque and it made a huge difference with a NA engine. At that time a turbo was considered compensation for the NA engine power loss.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts