Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

3500 RPM Hesitation

9K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  VelosterN'at 
#1 ·
Hey guys, like the title says. I am experiencing a slight hesitation when accelerating between 3500rpms and 4000. It happens most noticeably on 3rd gear pulls but not limited to that. Is this part of the stock ECU tune, or should I consider having mine reflashed/ disconnect the battery?

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks!

#11 · (Edited)
Yeah I'd like to see it also. There's nothing listed anywhere on the internet and I checked with the service department. They checked with Hyundai direct and there isn't one. This is obviously a word of mouth fix from the Hyundai Engineers to the dealership.

My friend who works for Hyundai directly, says there nothing in writing either. Plus the NHTSA has no TSB listed either on the Veloster N except for this; https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10167765-9999.pdf
https://www.aboutautomobile.com/Technical-Service-Bulletin/2019/Hyundai/Veloster/Equipment
They have a TSB our for injectors on this car. You might want to get it checked so they can swap them out under warranty if there is an issue. Mine had to be swapped. My whole engine did have to swapped as well but the injectors were first.

What's the manufacturing date on your car?

#15 ·
Yeah I'd like to see it also. There's nothing listed anywhere on the internet and I checked with the service department. They checked with Hyundai direct and there isn't one. This is obviously a word of mouth fix from the Hyundai Engineers to the dealership.

My friend who works for Hyundai directly, says there nothing in writing either. Plus the NHTSA has no TSB listed either on the Veloster N except for this; https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10167765-9999.pdf
https://www.aboutautomobile.com/Technical-Service-Bulletin/2019/Hyundai/Veloster/Equipment
They have a TSB our for injectors on this car. You might want to get it checked so they can swap them out under warranty if there is an issue. Mine had to be swapped. My whole engine did have to swapped as well but the injectors were first.

What's the manufacturing date on your car?

I have the work order where they replaced the injectors but not sure what to look for as far as the TSB. Would it be on the work order? The service guy told me this and I dealt with a bunch of idiots so they could’ve just been making something up to tell me.

#16 ·
The TSB is released from Hyundai. If it's on the quotation it will be listed at the top of the comments block.
In your case, they finally had to speak to a Regional Hyundai Engineer because of their ineptness and were told to do this. There's nothing in writing. If there was, it would become an open TSB listed with, NHTSA and there is no such thing at the moment.

#17 · (Edited)
The TSB is released from Hyundai. If it's on the quotation it will be listed at the top of the comments block.
In your case, they finally had to speak to a Regional Hyundai Engineer because of their ineptness and were told to do this. There's nothing in writing. If there was, it would become an open TSB listed with, NHTSA and there is no such thing at the moment.
This attachment doesn't want to load so posted again.

Attachments

#19 · (Edited)
Thank you for posting the information.

Your dealership service called the Hyundai TechLine, which is the Regional Hyundai Engineers and they told them to replace them. I thought so.😀. Plainly, you're dealership service didn't have a clue!🤣

I'm going to advise you once again to, take the car to another dealership service, if you want to have someone you can trust. The dealership service you're dealing with, is inept sadly.

#20 ·
This is crazy I’m literally having the same problem with my 2020 Veloster N. 3rd gear at 4000 rpm. I was driving 1st and 2nd pretty fast then 3rd gear my turbo stopped at 12psi & 4000 rpm. It was boggy and made the engine rough. Engine light went on. Then I tourned off the car for like 5 min. Then it went back to normal. I didn’t notice any leaks but I’ll double check!

#21 ·
Allot depends upon how many miles the engine has. The HPFP, has a significant impact on how the engine responds above 5K rpm, especially when hot. Fuel pressures will dip drastically below 2K psi causing fuel starvation. Setting in motion, the ECU detecting low fuel pressure, throwing a trouble code, a CEL and the car going into limp mode.

FI’s won’t cause this problem unless they’re clogged. His is more due to the high or low pressure fuel fuel delivery. If the HPFP, is unable to provide he necessary fuel pressure at high rpm and temps, it will starve of fuel setting forth the problems commented above.

The VN’s HPFP, keep up when the engine is not and provide the necessary constant high pressure required.

#24 ·
Both the OEM and HMS upgrade. Here are two .ovations it can be purchased from; SXTH Element & Courte ey in the UK.

This is not a HMS part but a modified HPFP from Carlicious Parts in Europe.

#26 ·
Yeah it has nothing to do with any of that. In stock tune There’s an improper timing issue or something like that between 3500-4000. People on the Jb4 forums noticed this-it has nothing to do with turbo lag. If you check your logs from 3500-4000 you should be able to see the dip in the tune.

#27 ·
As far as the post saying the engine was rough and boggy and threw a cel the fuel pump does sound more likely. But I do occasionally have a "hiccup" just after 4000 rpm on the stock tune. As mentioned above, in logs you can see timing switches to a different map around this point and sometimes the transition is not imperceptible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.