Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Performance Blue VN 6MT
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Official reveal is set for the 20th of this month.
Automotive lighting Grille Hood Car Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

Definitely looks more subdued (which I prefer). Not enough for me to leave the VN though :cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I dislike the new civic tail lights, but the front looks fine. I thought the outgoing model front end was great. I believe the price of this will breach 50k at msrp and therefore this is a strong no for me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The beltline at the hood isn't working for me. BTW it's N reveal day Friday here in the states! Like 4pm central or something.

And here it is since I had the timezones shift wrong. Retro goodness from Hyundai!

Top Gear: The Hyundai N Vision 74 concept is a 670bhp fuel-cell hybrid.

·
Administrator
2,070 Posts
Looks like the new Type R is trying to model itself after the Elantra N. I bet the EN is faster.... lol....

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: mtbker44

·
Registered
168 Posts
Frankly I think Honda really nailed it. When they hide the numbers though I'm thinking we're getting what Europe had last generation. I'm sure it's fantastic to drive, will lay down tremendous lap times, and sound like a vacuum cleaner! 😂 If the Veloster dies and gets lemoned out maybe I get one but the pricing and supply will prolly be crazy. Otherwise I'm sticking with the VN.

·
Administrator
2,070 Posts
The EN is down on power and Honda is years ahead on suspension. The Honda is refined on the streets even though they’re not adjustable dampers. Not sure if 11th gen gets adjustable dampers
IDK about being down on power? With a good driver an EN can do a 12.8 very easily.... I think they under rated the EN imho.... Not a huge fan of Honda's blow by. 4% VS Hyundai's .05%. Pretty big difference especially if you plan on keeping the car.

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: RedVN

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
134 Posts
IDK about being down on power? With a good driver an EN can do a 12.8 very easily.... I think they under rated the EN imho.... Not a huge fan of Honda's blow by. 4% VS Hyundai's .05%. Pretty big difference especially if you plan on keeping the car.

Best regards,

-Mike
I’d like to see that, that’s a big ask from a front wheel drive vehicle that’s over 3000 lbs and under 300hp

·
Registered
134 Posts

Best regards,

-Mike

I don’t see the Elantra N dct doing a 12.8 second quarter Mike, I think your claims were a bit optimistic

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts