Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea if there will be any upgrades or changes to the 21's. Does Hyundai typically upgrade the 3rd model year, or 4th?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like the '21 i30 N has been spotted with some larger exhaust tips. Good chance of a mid cycle HP upgrade. Good chance it hits the '21 Veloster N as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
off road fun

I was talking to the sales guys at my local dealer and mentioned it would be cool to lift the "N" a couple inches, add knobby tires, skidplates and do some autocross. Then I saw this when searching for "N" AWD news:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I hope something is changed on 2021's! That would be 2 years models of the exact same car. If something is different or better I would consider trading my 2019 PP on a new one. But not if everything is the same. Or how about making the Base Model the PP Model, and come out with a Racing Spec with lighter rims, snorkle, CF Hood, CF Mirrors, upgraded downpipe, upgraded intercooler. I'd would definitely pay more for more. But not pay more for the same.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I hope something is changed on 2021's! That would be 2 years models of the exact same car. If something is different or better I would consider trading my 2019 PP on a new one. But not if everything is the same. Or how about making the Base Model the PP Model, and come out with a Racing Spec with lighter rims, snorkle, CF Hood, CF Mirrors, upgraded downpipe, upgraded intercooler. I'd would definitely pay more for more. But not pay more for the same.
3 to 4 years is the norm for Hyundai. Especially for any facelifts. All this will be offered when the N-Accessories hit the shelves.

·
Registered
118 Posts
3 to 4 years is the norm for Hyundai. Especially for any facelifts. All this will be offered when the N-Accessories hit the shelves.
IF and WHEN the N-Accessories hit the shelves. Saw them in post's from the Korean Auto Show, but none of the lots around me have no freakin clue what I'm talking about. Went to Dealer today to get an oil filter and asked about that Settlement that just happened on the lawsuit and asked specifically if the 2019 Veloster N was covered under that Lifetime Engine Warranty. Umm...once again the Dealer is clueless. Had no clue about the lawsuit even. WTH?!?!?! And had another 3 salesmen walk up to me and ask me about the car. They said they have never seen one. Once again...UMMM...What?!?! You sell Hyundai cars and you have no clue about the Veloster N??????? I was literally speechless. They knew nothing of the car, literally nothing. Got asked if it came with a DCT...I just stared at him.

·
Registered
76 Posts
IF and WHEN the N-Accessories hit the shelves. Saw them in post's from the Korean Auto Show, but none of the lots around me have no freakin clue what I'm talking about. Went to Dealer today to get an oil filter and asked about that Settlement that just happened on the lawsuit and asked specifically if the 2019 Veloster N was covered under that Lifetime Engine Warranty. Umm...once again the Dealer is clueless. Had no clue about the lawsuit even. WTH?!?!?! And had another 3 salesmen walk up to me and ask me about the car. They said they have never seen one. Once again...UMMM...What?!?! You sell Hyundai cars and you have no clue about the Veloster N??????? I was literally speechless. They knew nothing of the car, literally nothing. Got asked if it came with a DCT...I just stared at him.
Well, to be fair, dealerships arent going to be completely aware of every aspect and every lawsuit that happens with their vehicles. They are there to make you want to buy the car, and at that, the service there is sub-par. I would not expect anyone you make first contact with at a dealership to know a single thing about lawsuits, especially ones that were just made public less than a month ago (to my knowledge). The service center would have a better idea MAYBE, but they work on cars mostly and work with already implemented policies and procedures. The reason most people don't know about the Veloster N is that it has very few in production. I've met plenty of people who have never seen the car before. ****, that's partly the reason I got this car was that it was not something people saw. The sales job is to make you buy the car, but most of them don't seem to be pushed to learn about their cars that they get in the lot, it would seem they learn from their customers more so before passing it on to the next. I can't tell you how many times I've had people talk to me like they know my car and be completely wrong about a feature. People expect dealerships to know everything about every car and that to me sounds a bit ridiculous. They should know a good amount, but they have a lot to keep up with as it is, some are also just lazy.

Listen, all I'm saying is you can't be upset about people not knowing something, the best thing you can do is ask them to look into it. That way you will get closer to an answer. Not trying to talk down to you or anything, just trying to share my perspective :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
I still get questions and interest every place I take the car, I do wish dealerships knew as much as I did about the car but it's still unrealistic at this point.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I would, if I was planning to be a successful Hyundai's salesman. The more you know about what you do, the better informed your customer are.

However, considering most salesman get paid commission only, I suppose they can justify not having pertinent information to share with their return and perspective customers. I'm the other way around. The more informed customers are, the better decision they can make. It will also help to make a sale, if you are confident and ready to share pertinent information about the Hyundai product.

It's about knowing your job, better than your peers.

I understand what you're saying and why but everytime I come into a Hyundai dealership, I see salesman sitting around, grab arsing, joking, and smoking. This is the time which they can use to learn and stay up-to-date with the products. It's what you make of your time while on the job will tell how successful you are. Actually goes hand in hand with any retail sale job.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would, if I was planning to be a successful Hyundai's salesman. The more you know about what you do, the better informed your customer are.

However, considering most salesman get paid commission only, I suppose they can justify not having pertinent information to share with their return and perspective customers. I'm the other way around. The more informed customers are, the better decision they can make. It will also help to make a sale, if you are confident and ready to share pertinent information about the Hyundai product.

It's about knowing your job, better than your peers.

I understand what you're saying and why but everytime I come into a Hyundai dealership, I see salesman sitting around, grab arsing, joking, and smoking. This is the time which they can use to learn and stay up-to-date with the products. It's what you make of your time while on the job will tell how successful you are. Actually goes hand in hand with any retail sale job.
I also find it amazing that here in 2019, with information literally at your fingertips no matter where you go, people are so helplessly uninformed about anything.

I first looked at the Veloster N after watching a YouTube video. Some quality Google-Fu and a free evening and I found this place, lots of information through Hyundai corporate, as well as my accumulated experience over the years. Do I know "everything" about the car? Of course not. But am I better informed than (at least from this forum's perspective) the typical Hyundai dealership? Apparently I am.

I find this everywhere. People have the sum of all human knowledge in their pocket, and refuse to look for it, or even worse, only look one place and apply no critical thinking to it. The old adage is as true now as it ever was. Do not believe everything you read/hear/watch. Does it pass the sniff test? Does it add up? Check, verify, filter everything.

Too much work for most apparently.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts