Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, thank you to everyone that has been so helpful and engaged in the forum. I have been stalking it for months now and impatiently waiting for the 2021.

This info isn't very exciting or helpful but, I got this back from a local dealer today and thought I would share in case anyone is interested.

Don't quote me on any of this but, the major call outs are :

• US is NOT getting the heated seats and steering wheel (which, as a Minnesotan, makes me sad)
  • Blind spot monitoring all all that fun safety stuff is standard
  • The new seats are coming with both models

Here is my small contribution to the forum until I can get my hands on a 2021!

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for the info! Pity on the heated seats/steering wheel, was really hoping for those...

Interesting about the white - weird that it would change later on. Does that mean the initial white 2021s will still have the chalk white?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Blind spot monitoring would definitely be an improvement for daily driving. Perhaps I’m getting old but having to crane my neck is a bit of a nuisance. Visibility is pretty poor in this car.
Seats definitely need a cosmetic upgrade. Excited to see the looks. I’ve been pleased with the bolstering on the 2020.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering the same thing. I’ve called a dozen dealerships and none of them are getting white so maybe the first production round won’t have any white??

I will admit that the lack of blind spot monitoring definitely played a part in me not getting a 2020 yet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I’ve called a dozen dealerships and none of them are getting white so maybe the first production round won’t have any white??
I'm currently talking to a dealership and the first 2021 they have coming in is white they said. Waiting to confirm the exact name of the paint which they said they'd be providing me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm currently talking to a dealership and the first 2021 they have coming in is white they said. Waiting to confirm the exact name of the paint which they said they'd be providing me.
That’s interesting. Have they given you pricing yet? None of the dealers I talked to knew what it’s going to be.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That’s interesting. Have they given you pricing yet? None of the dealers I talked to knew what it’s going to be.
Nope, still waiting on that too... Ulysses19 posted earlier this week with the Canadian pricing though, and there was a pretty sizable increase, so I'm assuming the same will be the case with the USA pricing.

They posted that CAN prices were:
2021 VN (MT) $37,800.00 (increase of $2,000.00)
2021 VN (DCT) $39,400.00 (new for 2021)

·
Registered
346 Posts
I didn’t catch that when looking through the PDF. I have to assume they will be standard since the rotors are the same size but I guess time will tell.
I feel like they'd emphasize something like that. "Two piece brake rotors and N branded calipers" would be more along the lines of what I expected. I could be totally wrong (and I kind of hoping I am wrong), I'd like them to be standard parts so that I can buy them over the counter in the parts dept haha.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I feel like they'd emphasize something like that. "Two piece brake rotors and N branded calipers" would be more along the lines of what I expected. I could be totally wrong (and I kind of hoping I am wrong), I'd like them to be standard parts so that I can buy them over the counter in the parts dept haha.
I hope you're wrong too... I am guessing it's an oversight since the sizing is the same (and it was only one of the two things that distinguished the PP from the base trim - even if that is going away this year). It'd be silly for the 2021 PPs to have the same callipers as the base while 2020/2019 PPs wouldn't.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I hope you're wrong too... I am guessing it's an oversight since the sizing is the same (and it was only one of the two things that distinguished the PP from the base trim - even if that is going away this year). It'd be silly for the 2021 PPs to have the same callipers as the base while 2020/2019 PPs wouldn't.
well from the way it looks, there will be no base model. The VN will just have one trim. Perhaps they’ll be optional parts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Colour list (minus the new Atlas White pearl) I pulled from the Korean website. Really digging the cyber grey I ordered. This was my first time seeing it. View attachment 3394
Great find! Loving that Cyber Gray too, looks like you lucked out with that choice. Curious to see the new white too, or when it'll be on the new vehicles. Still craving more info on the 2021s... You must be excited with yours so close to delivery! The dealership near me hasn't told me too much more unfortunately...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’m definitely excited but I honestly don’t think the car is going to arrive when they said it will. They are also suddenly offering me five grand less on my trade which is completely mystifying. I flat out said I’m not taking the car if they don’t honour the original agreement. Sad thing is that it’s really the manager pulling the strings. The sales rep has bent over backwards for me and seems irritated by the sudden turn of events. I get the feeling they know they got lucky getting the car in so fast ( if it really does arrive in two weeks) and are looking to find a way to profit off being the only dealership with one for awhile. Just speculating. I’ve spoken to two other dealerships and they both told me customers can leave deposits, but nobody is allowed to place orders yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’m definitely excited but I honestly don’t think the car is going to arrive when they said it will. They are also suddenly offering me five grand less on my trade which is completely mystifying. I flat out said I’m not taking the car if they don’t honour the original agreement. Sad thing is that it’s really the manager pulling the strings. The sales rep has bent over backwards for me and seems irritated by the sudden turn of events. I get the feeling they know they got lucky getting the car in so fast ( if it really does arrive in two weeks) and are looking to find a way to profit off being the only dealership with one for awhile. Just speculating. I’ve spoken to two other dealerships and they both told me customers can leave deposits, but nobody is allowed to place orders yet.
Hmmm... the dealership where I bought mine (2021) told me order books were open for the car, though they didn’t have any literature at all. I don’t know what to think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts