Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Seems reasonable to me - with the major updates being the new N-Light Bucket Seats in front (and the rear seats are getting the leather/alcantara treatment as well), the Hyundai driver assistance package, the updated 8" infotainment (was 7"), and navigation standard. I might've missed a few things, but I think those are the obvious updates (other than the optional DCT). ~$2500 increase, definitely not negligible, but considering the cost of comparable aftermarket bucket seats, I don't think it's that bad. I think the driver assistance features will be really nice for a daily driver.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I hope they'll make the seats available to us here through the dealerships etc.
Anyone wanting to take a stab at whether or not the driver assistance features can be added via software updates or not?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Anyone wanting to take a stab at whether or not the driver assistance features can be added via software updates or not?
As soon as they start offering all of those cool N performance parts they've been talking about for a while now...

I'm guessing the driver assistance features can't be added by software since they presumably had to add some cameras for things like lane follow, lane-keep-assist, etc.? But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm guessing the driver assistance features can't be added by software since they presumably had to add some cameras for things like lane follow, lane-keep-assist, etc.? But I could be wrong.
By the looks of it the 2021's did get a slew of added "goodies" but did anyone notice the paint colors that the new N's are coming in? I see no changes except for the addition of blue. Hmmm...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I called my local dealership, and they said there was no part number at this time. The guy I spoke to also said the driver side bolt pattern is not the same.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Keep in mind, "market value." Each dealership within a particular state has its own "market value." This will determine the actual purchase price of the VN rather DCT or M/T. Dealership frequently markup the car over MSRP, so don't be surprised to see some fairly outrageous prices for either.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I called my local dealership, and they said there was no part number at this time. The guy I spoke to also said the driver side bolt pattern is not the same.
I stand corrected....check this out!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
This ^ has been addresses in another thread. They're too expensive at $3800.00 for what is considered used seats. This is primarily why they haven't sold. $2K would be more inline with actual cost.
As soon as they start offering all of those cool N performance parts they've been talking about for a while now...

That's correct and you're not wrong, there are differences from the CANBUS system, control modules, ECU/PCM, BCM, Cameras and hardware as well. Keeping in mind Hyundai Software is proprietary and not available to the public, the cost would be far too high in attempting to upgrade.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bought my 2021 DCT in Jax, FL in January. They had the wheel locks, cargo net, rear bumper applique, and the premium carpeted floor mats. They had the car stickered at $35,940 (destination included). MSRP on Hyundai website with all of this is $35,075.

I was able to get them to $34K even, to include destination. I could have probably pushed to have those additions removed and got it even a little lower I am sure.

Like RedVN said, different markets will be different. After the test drive and the willingness of the dealership to work with me on the sticker price, I felt it was a decent deal.

·
Premium Member
2021 Veloster N DCT Performance Blue
28 Posts
Throwing mine in here if it helps at all, but I'm kind of the mean.

Purchased in New Mexico this month (March 2021), as there were no Performance Blue VN to be found in Arizona at the time, much less the DCT. Got her at exactly $35000, which only shaved the tiniest bit off their sticker and even less still from Hyundai's own Build Engine given that she came with the Premium Carpeted Floor Mats, Bumper Applique and Wheel Locks (I remember at the time thinking I had saved like $25 according to the online generator, not sure if that has changed).
I am all good with this given that it was (a) easily the best dealership experience Mrs. Blue and I have ever had; and (b) they gave me a very high-end number on the trade for my 2018 Dodge Challenger, which I had totally fallen out of love with. I figured it all worked out, and I've explained elsewhere that the HMF financing made things happen to begin with.
Dealerships in Arizona are hardcore about Dealer Add Ons/arbitrage. You simply cannot go anywhere without running into someone's "Desert Package", lifetime tint, VIN etching, nitrous tire fill, flashing brake lights, GPS theft service, etc. Objecting usually gets you to, "That goes on at the port" (!!!). Many is the time Mrs. Blue and I have had to walk off a lot in order not to damage my calm because someone insists that lying to my face is just business.
Anyway, delighted with how it worked out with me but interested to see this and wonder if it will go down per unit overall as time goes on. I'll be putting on miles while I watch this thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts