Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the car in April of 2021, so almost approaching the 1-year mark with around 13,000 KM on it.

Love the car - power, style, options (heated seats etc). Took it on a lot of long drivers and I again, absolutely love the car.

But I also wanted to share some issues that I have had so far:
  • Pirelli tires ... I live in an urban city with potholes and a lot of construction.
    I had 3 flat tires in the last 6 months. Without TPMS, one time I did not notice flat tires right away and now have rim damage. Still drivable but something I will need to fix.
  • My horn stopped working 4 months into ownership. The dealer told me that it will take 2 months to get a new horn from Hyundai. I asked for a loaner vehicle, which after back and forth for 2 weeks - they tell me that Hyundai doesn't give loaner vehicles even if its safety issues. After arguing with them that this is b.s. the dealer finally gave me a loaner vehicle.
  • As I am approaching 15,000 km, there is starting to be a lot of rattle from the dashboard.
  • The Center armrest cover has now started to squeak anytime you apply any pressure on it. It's very loud.
  • One of the rear shock absorbers for the trunk latch has already started to fail. makes a squeaking noise and the latch can barely go up.
  • I have a dealer appointment booked for this week to have an oil change etc done and hopefully get the arm rest & shock absorber addressed under warranty.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I also had the horn not work on me the other day (discovered when a driver ran a red light in front of me). Bought at the end of July. I was checking the fuse and reading a thread on here where the issue seems to be a thing. I could hear the relay clicking, and hit the remote alarm confirming no horn. A few people said a hard rap or press on the wheel got it working - I was going to give it a firm push when it was suddenly working again with no apparent changes.

Definitely a bit concerning. I've been wanting to upgrade the horn - this might push me to get it done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts