21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Track Cross 5 personal best:
Track Cross 6 personal best:

This is the first event with 200tw GT Radial SX2 RS tires! Boy it was fun. The extra grip was amazing. Finally matching the braking torque from the RST1 (I mean, RST1s are kinda meant to be used with slicks, but it's better than pzeros stocks). I was able to finish P1 both sessions. It was fun.

Last run I messed up by trying to down shift in a turn. The transmission locked me out. I lost a few tenths. I almost lost P1 because of this. Won by less than a tenth. Last run:

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
571 Posts
Track Cross 5 personal best:
Track Cross 6 personal best:

This is the first event with 200tw GT Radial SX2 RS tires! Boy it was fun. The extra grip was amazing. Finally matching the braking torque from the RST1 (I mean, RST1s are kinda meant to be used with slicks, but it's better than pzeros stocks). I was able to finish P1 both sessions. It was fun.

Last run I messed up by trying to down shift in a turn. The transmission locked me out. I lost a few tenths. I almost lost P1 because of this. Won by less than a tenth. Last run:
Love these videos keep em coming!

-JE

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Veloster N
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I messed up the ordering. Before Track Cross 5&6, I did do HPDE at Summit Main. Two days. Total of 6 x 30 minute session + 2 x 2 hour sessions. I only did 4 of the 30 minute sessions and both of the open sessions. Veloster N gas tank lasts for about 30-31 laps at Summit Main. 31st lap you will see low fuel light. I bet at VIR, it will be less as far as miles travelled due to being more full throttle.

This is the personal best:

Naturally this is from the second open session. I need to extract the personal best from the first session to compare. My theorical was lower in Open Session 1 vs 2. But actual lap was a tenth faster. So in this lap, I was faster in sections 1-2 and 4. Previous day, I had a better section 3. So I would have likely done 1:27 flat. For the next time! Since this was an HPDE and not a time trial event, I had to manage the tires. Every time I got a fast lap, in a few laps, I can feel the tires overheating. I was monitoring the tire pressures from the TPMS to see how they were changing based my driving inputs. I will share the playlist for the whole weekend below. Doubt anyone will watch them lol, but you will see that on day 2, I was "pinching" the tires less and focusing on rotating the car with the pedals. That way I can carry the speed but scrub less with steering input. Anyways, it was a lot of fun. It was the first time doing open sessions. I would definitely do them again... if I budget out the consumables hahaha.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts