Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

N DCT Lower Engine Mount:
Anyone with a 2021 DCT N, who has been wondering if the available aftermarket lower engine mount for the manual transmissions will fit, the answer is: yes.

I replaced mine with the SXTH EM3 with no issues. The car vibrates a bit more at idle with the ac compressor engaged but, I'm waiting for the snow to melt a bit more before I take it on the road - hopefully tomorrow. Once it breaks in a bit, the vibrations should lessen. That being said, they aren't overly objectionable, out of the box.

Mando ECS10 on 2021 N:
I was able to install it with no issues but, found that as soon as the unit got power with the ignition on, the car starts throwing multiple 'lane keeping assist' warnings and some intermittent 'e-diff' warnings as well. If I unplug the power to the unit and restart the car, no warnings recur.
Additional info: All the leads have continuity (so, it's not a bad connection) and the 'T' connection appears to be a straight-through from the car harness to the plug. My iPhone sees the unit and connects to it but, cannot get a status from the unit and any changes I attempt to make via the phone have this error thrown: "Module is disabled Activate the module for use."
I bought it from Amazon and the seller is processing an exchange for a new unit but, the paranoid side of me wonders if I may be seeing an incompatibility with the 2021 and later Veloster N's 'active safety assists'.

Has anyone with a 2021 N installed a Mando ECS10 and had it work, or am I the first one to attempt it?

If so, then I either got a bad unit or the wiring to the unit was not correct from the 'T'.

Thank you,

Jim

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
With all, the added driver assists I don't believe the Mando SDS ESC 10 has been configured for the 2021 VN. I imagine it will take a separate unit. What you have now is the 2019.20 unit. You'll have to talk directly to the seller who is in South Korea. I suggest you email them and ask about a newer unit for the 2021.

Keep in mind Mando my not have developed a newer unit yet and what you need to do is specific what year model and trim you have to the seller.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Red - that is my suspicion as well - although I am more than willing to be proven wrong. ;-)
I've reached out to the supplier, calling out the differences between the 2021's and the earlier years. I'm good with them admitting that they don't support 21's. So far, they maintain that it's just a bad unit.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
Might be, they'll be in a better position to know. The primary seller from SK is; rpmtrade. I believe this may be the same vendor from SK. [email protected]

Brecks in SK was the first seller in SK but they wouldn't import. They said, " Mando wouldn't allow them to sell it other than in SK." I originally got rpmtrade to do the business, with a couple of emails.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unsurprisingly, the Amazon vendor notified me that the manufacturer 'could not guaranty compatibility with the 2021 N' so, they are refunding my money. I appreciate their transparency and them not sending another unit that would not have worked.

Hopefully Mando will have one that works with 2021's soon.

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
587 Posts
Good morning,

N DCT Lower Engine Mount:
Anyone with a 2021 DCT N, who has been wondering if the available aftermarket lower engine mount for the manual transmissions will fit, the answer is: yes.

I replaced mine with the SXTH EM3 with no issues. The car vibrates a bit more at idle with the ac compressor engaged but, I'm waiting for the snow to melt a bit more before I take it on the road - hopefully tomorrow. Once it breaks in a bit, the vibrations should lessen. That being said, they aren't overly objectionable, out of the box.

Mando ECS10 on 2021 N:
I was able to install it with no issues but, found that as soon as the unit got power with the ignition on, the car starts throwing multiple 'lane keeping assist' warnings and some intermittent 'e-diff' warnings as well. If I unplug the power to the unit and restart the car, no warnings recur.
Additional info: All the leads have continuity (so, it's not a bad connection) and the 'T' connection appears to be a straight-through from the car harness to the plug. My iPhone sees the unit and connects to it but, cannot get a status from the unit and any changes I attempt to make via the phone have this error thrown: "Module is disabled Activate the module for use."
I bought it from Amazon and the seller is processing an exchange for a new unit but, the paranoid side of me wonders if I may be seeing an incompatibility with the 2021 and later Veloster N's 'active safety assists'.

Has anyone with a 2021 N installed a Mando ECS10 and had it work, or am I the first one to attempt it?

If so, then I either got a bad unit or the wiring to the unit was not correct from the 'T'.

Thank you,

Jim
A Mando unit for DCT would be diff from the 2019/2020 units for a manual. They could use the same program but it wouldnt be ideal.

How is your ground?

What fuse did you plug into? Did you use a miscofuse?

Make sure if you ran to a 15amp ruse that you have the 2 fuses (15/5) in the correct order. When I had mine backwards mine didnt work either.

-JE

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The unit powered up fine and connected to my phone. I don’t believe that it has anything to do with the DCT - likely it is related to the 2021 safety features, since it was throwing errors for lane keeping assist every 2 seconds. If I pulled the fuse on the Mando unit, and powered the car back on, no errors would present. According to the seller, ‘their supplier’ couldn’t guarantee compatibility with a 2021 for that reason. (I’m not certain that their supplier was Mando or a distributor.)

I suspect that they will either have a firmware update or a new model that supports the newer years soon. I’ll give it a try when they do. Installation was really easy.

Thanks for your reply.
Jim

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
The unit powered up fine and connected to my phone. I don’t believe that it has anything to do with the DCT - likely it is related to the 2021 safety features, since it was throwing errors for lane keeping assist every 2 seconds. If I pulled the fuse on the Mando unit, and powered the car back on, no errors would present. According to the seller, ‘their supplier’ couldn’t guarantee compatibility with a 2021 for that reason. (I’m not certain that their supplier was Mando or a distributor.)

I suspect that they will either have a firmware update or a new model that supports the newer years soon. I’ll give it a try when they do. Installation was really easy.

Thanks for your reply.
Jim
They're a distributor not Mando. Mando doesn't sell direct to customers but utilizes two retailer in SK; Brecks & RPM Trade only. Mando produces all sort of products/accessories for as a primary contractor to Hyundai, Kia and Genesis. They have and R & D, Brake , Suspension and Steering Divisions

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
587 Posts

Thanks for your reply.
Jim
Awesome - Thanks Jim. Keep us posted!!!

-JE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts