Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer called me to let me know that my 2021 VN MT would be arriving the second week of October. He also gave me the Canadian MSRP (I didn't let him hear me gasp on the phone but seeing as the USA price increase was nominal I didn't expect the following for Canada).

2021 VN (MT) $37,800.00 (increase of $2,000.00)
2021 VN (DCT) $39,400.00 (new for 2021)

As with previous model years, PP and all "options" are standard on all Canadian models-- including the N light sport seats with heated seat function, heating steering wheel, all the "new" safety tech, slightly larger infotainment screen, etc.

With that in mind, I expected a price increase. Perhaps I was naive to think it would be between 500 - 1000 dollars...

·
Registered
70 Posts
When the N seats cost you $1400 a piece I think it is not as much of a shock to me personally. Given all the things you get I would be strangely ok with a $2k bump that you would roll into your monthly payment. I have a 2020 and am loving it but I sure would like those seats, haha! Cheers...

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer called me to let me know that my 2021 VN MT would be arriving the second week of October. He also gave me the Canadian MSRP (I didn't let him hear me gasp on the phone but seeing as the USA price increase was nominal I didn't expect the following for Canada).

As with previous model years, PP and all "options" are standard on all Canadian models-- including the N light sport seats with heated seat function, heating steering wheel, all the "new" safety tech, slightly larger infotainment screen, etc.

With that in mind, I expected a price increase. Perhaps I was naive to think it would be between 500 - 1000 dollars...
Is that US prices or Canadian price

·
Registered
55 Posts

Thanks for the info, really helpful! I'm assuming these prices are in CAD... Have the Ns always had a direct conversion between prices in the US/CAN markets? E.g. If it's $37,800 CAD for a 2021, does that mean it is ~$28,400 USD?

Really trying to get a dealer to commit to helping me get my hands on a 2021 but thus far they haven't been incredibly helpful...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, those prices are Canadian dollar amounts. As for direct conversion, it is comparable but the USA market is dropping the base model as you know, so I would expect a bit of a price increase from the 2020 price for the NPP. Likely around 29k. Sorry I don’t have an exact figure for you, but most websites I have looked at are saying 29k USD for 2021 with the manual transmission. I also learned that dealers aren’t allowed (at this time) to order the 2021 models in Canada, but bc mine was ordered in the summer it slipped through the cracks. Not sure how legit that is (came from another dealership here) but I found that interesting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, those prices are Canadian dollar amounts. As for direct conversion, it is comparable but the USA market is dropping the base model as you know, so I would expect a bit of a price increase from the 2020 price for the NPP. Likely around 29k. Sorry I don’t have an exact figure for you, but most websites I have looked at are saying 29k USD for 2021 with the manual transmission. I also learned that dealers aren’t allowed (at this time) to order the 2021 models in Canada, but bc mine was ordered in the summer it slipped through the cracks. Not sure how legit that is (came from another dealership here) but I found that interesting.
No wonder I'm getting no bites from the local dealerships when I'm asking to buy one/pre-order one through them.. You'd think they would want my money!

I would've much preferred just having it set up in advance, but I guess I'll have to stay hyper-attentive andkeep looking for 2021s as they pop-up around me. I have a feeling I'll have to be quick on the trigger to get a 2021 MT (hopefully more people will be going for the new DCT than MT!).

Let me know if you hear anything more! I'm constantly checking to see if they've officially announced anything for the 2021 release date, at least beyond 'October.' I expect they'll announce pricing and more details for the US soon...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My sales contact told me mine would be here for October 8th specifically. Just in time for me to shell out more money for winter tires...

I thought for sure there would be steep discounts on remaining 2020’s where I live. We still have a ton of VN’s on dealer lots. Nothing is being discounted.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My sales contact told me mine would be here for October 8th specifically. Just in time for me to shell out more money for winter tires...

I thought for sure there would be steep discounts on remaining 2020’s where I live. We still have a ton of VN’s on dealer lots. Nothing is being discounted.
I finally got a response from one of my local dealers - told me they have two 2021s coming within the next few weeks, one MT, one DCT. Said I could put down on one to hold them.

Both are white - which, if I'm not mistaken, is different for 2021? The Hyundai news site says that they're replacing the Chalk White with another exterior color, so I'm a little confused. White has always been my second choice, I'm a huge sucker for the performance blue... Not sure what to do, because I'd love to secure one, but I'd also love to get one in blue. Tough choice. If I can't find another local dealer getting a blue, I might hop on the white one.

It'd be easier to decide if I knew what the new white was going to look like! Anyone have any info on that?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The new colour is called Atlas White. My dealership told me it is non metallic, and brighter than Chalk White. It is also the zero cost colour option.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The new colour is called Atlas White. My dealership told me it is non metallic, and brighter than Chalk White. It is also the zero cost colour option.
Interesting, good to know! I liked the Chalk White from before, but the way you described it sounds interesting. I can't seem to find anything on the internet about it, but surely stuff has to pop up soon? I'm fiending for more information, so I really appreciate you sharing your 'insider' info. Still waiting to hear back from other local dealers to see if they have anything more to share... I'd be ecstatic if I could snag a PBlue, but now I'm curious to see what the new white looks like too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting, good to know! I liked the Chalk White from before, but the way you described it sounds interesting. I can't seem to find anything on the internet about it, but surely stuff has to pop up soon? I'm fiending for more information, so I really appreciate you sharing your 'insider' info. Still waiting to hear back from other local dealers to see if they have anything more to share... I'd be ecstatic if I could snag a PBlue, but now I'm curious to see what the new white looks like too.
Very happy to help. When I first became interested in this car I was gobbling up information wherever I could get it. There isn't a video review on Youtube that I haven't seen at least once. I just got lucky with the info-- the sales rep at my dealership shared info with me as it became available. I feel like things can change for different markets though. Take the colour I ordered for example-- Cyber Grey. On the Korean build website, Cyber Grey is a light metallic grey, but when I saw the colour that Canadians are getting called Cyber Grey, it is very very dark-- similar to the Shooting Star colour we had (looked even darker though?). I just really liked the grey and red accents together. Looked super sharp to me. I'll post more info tomorrow. I have to go to my dealership after work to "finalize" the deal (negotiate, paperwork, trade in, all that stuff...)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Very happy to help. When I first became interested in this car I was gobbling up information wherever I could get it. There isn't a video review on Youtube that I haven't seen at least once. I just got lucky with the info-- the sales rep at my dealership shared info with me as it became available. I feel like things can change for different markets though. Take the colour I ordered for example-- Cyber Grey. On the Korean build website, Cyber Grey is a light metallic grey, but when I saw the colour that Canadians are getting called Cyber Grey, it is very very dark-- similar to the Shooting Star colour we had (looked even darker though?). I just really liked the grey and red accents together. Looked super sharp to me. I'll post more info tomorrow. I have to go to my dealership after work to "finalize" the deal (negotiate, paperwork, trade in, all that stuff...)
Sounds like you and me are the same then... I swear I've watched every single relevant video/review on YouTube, and a couple of them more than once haha. I'm stoked to see what those colors look like - hopefully you're still happy with the color you ended up with. Similarly, I really want to see the new white if it is what I might end up getting...

Best of luck at the dealership today! Hopefully it all goes well and you get a good deal on your trade-in and whatnot. If you happen upon any new information, please share. ;)

Hoping to hear back from the dealership again today to get more info on the 2021 they said they have coming in...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh dear. I have more news. Apparently the 2021 I ordered is only one of two arriving in my province this year. There is a “stop sale” (don’t know the right term) on 2021 models. No dealers are ordering them for North America right now. If they do take a deposit from you, it seems like you won’t be getting your car until next year. I found this out at my dealership last night. Interestingly enough, the two 2021 models coming into my province are both Cyber Grey. Mine is an MT, the other is a DCT. I guess there was a brief window in late July where dealers were allowed to order the new models but then Hyundai pulled the plug on that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh dear. I have more news. Apparently the 2021 I ordered is only one of two arriving in my province this year. There is a “stop sale” (don’t know the right term) on 2021 models. No dealers are ordering them for North America right now. If they do take a deposit from you, it seems like you won’t be getting your car until next year. I found this out at my dealership last night. Interestingly enough, the two 2021 models coming into my province are both Cyber Grey. Mine is an MT, the other is a DCT. I guess there was a brief window in late July where dealers were allowed to order the new models but then Hyundai pulled the plug on that.
I don't know how accurate that information is - there are at least two 2021s arriving in early October to my area, according to the dealership. Maybe it was the same sorta situation that happened with your area as well? But they did mention these were the only two... Hoping to find out some more information today. Sounds like these will be hard to find for a while.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's definitely frustrating. I don't know what to believe either sometimes. My dealership has been a positive experience though so far. They have been kind, and have done their best to answer my questions. At this point, I'm just going to wait it out and see if the car shows up in October. But I agree-- I don't think most dealerships went out of their way to order the new model year and get it into their show rooms as fast as they could. We have lots of 2020's sitting around at dealerships where I live. One dealership has 4 or 5 in stock.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are those new N seats Standard or are they an option?
Also i noticed that all the dealers in the US that mark their 2020 N's up, mark them up close to the Canadian price $33K-$35K. and the N seems to be a limited car even though i heard Hyundai say the wouldn't do that. so i wouldn't be surprised if we see $35K -$37K veloster N's in the states too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There are no options at all to choose from for Canadian market aside from transmission. Everything is standard. This includes the N light seats. I wish we had an 18” wheel option tbh.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was at the dealership today and was told if I place my order tomorrow I can expect the car to arrive in 8-12 weeks.
Does not sound like a stop sale to me.
Congrats on your new N.
Really like the N in grey.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I was at the dealership today and was told if I place my order tomorrow I can expect the car to arrive in 8-12 weeks.
Does not sound like a stop sale to me.
Congrats on your new N.
Really like the N in grey.
Enjoy.
Regarding the “stop sale”... three months passed between the time I ordered my car, and the time the pricing came out. That’s a good length of time for dealers to be allowed to sell them again. They were still building 2020 models well into September for the NA market. Hell, you can’t even build and price the 2021 VN yet on the Hyundai website which I find completely bizarre. Maybe dealers just wanted to sell off their current stock? Maybe they had no info on the new model and didn’t want to bother? Who knows.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts