Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just bought 2020 VN PP yesterday and will get it in 2 weeks.

Today is the last day for Costco winter tire promo. Does anyone know if 225/40 r18 will fit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just so you know 225/40R18 is smaller in both diameter and width than the factory 19" tire.so you will have some speedo error and that loss in contact patch width will affect grip.

235/40R18 is much closer. I just bought 18x8 with a +45 offset and they fit perfect. The last post of this thread has pictures so you can see fitment. will a 235/40R18 on a 18x8 +45mm offset rim fit?
Thanks FixxxerKH202...Unfortunately, the purchase deal fell through. The dealer could not complete the trade and there are no Veloster Ns within 180 miles. So, as much as I will miss a manual transmission, i decided to go for the Genesis G70.

·
Super Moderator
1,793 Posts
That is STILL a GREAT car! Fast as HE11 too. Did you get the 2.0L turbo or the 3.3L twin turbo?

Br,

-Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Mike, I wanted the 2 L cuz it comes in manual but power wise it sucked...so, I'm biting the bullet and getting the 3.3T Sport (the one with the LSD). I'm getting the six month referred payment in case freakin' Covid come back with a 2nd wave in Canada and we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Tekwarp, you can't go wrong with the Veloster N or the G70. I have a VNPP and my wife has a G70 3.3 Sport RWD, and I tell ya', that 3.3 is a monster! I also drive a C5 Corvette Z06 and the G70 really does feel just as quick. I personally prefer the playfulness of the VN, but there's no denying the speed and luxury of the G70. Best of luck with whichever path you choose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Jimmychanga! I'm slowly getting use to the idea that the G70 will be my first automatic vehicle. Been driving stick since I was 15. Consolation is the sunroof and paddle shifters 😉

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah the G70 is a gorgeous car. I'm 99% sure we have the only one in our city and with it being the red color it sure does get a lot of looks. Winter tires will be more expensive than the veloster though and the front tires are less likely to be had in stock at tire shops.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts