Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. What would be the best way to find out what aftermarket mods I can do to my 2020 veloster n while it’s under warranty other than obviously cosmetics like mirror covers, and the shift knob(etc.) . Thank you.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just stay away from tunes and blow off valves and don't touch the turbo and you should be okay. That is unless it can be proven your mod caused damage. That's both my understanding and also what the service manager confirmed.

·
Registered
622 Posts

This document has been cited several times before as to what is and isn’t tolerated. Whether it’s legitimate or not, I really don’t know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just stay away from tunes and blow off valves and don't touch the turbo and you should be okay. That is unless it can be proven your mod caused damage. That's both my understanding and also what the service manager confirmed.
thank you!

·
Registered
49 Posts
If the after market part is the reason for the warranty part failure. The warranty on any of that work is voided. This does not necessarily mean your entire warranty is voided, it could just be the warranty part that failed due to the aftermarket part. However I once saw a vehicle come in, had this crazy air intake that came through the hood. Water got into that air intake which then got into the engine. The engine needed to be rebuilt ,the warranty was voided due to they could prove the water came in through the air intake. So just be careful buy premium parts that have a good reputation, make sure they're professionally installed. I imagine if you followed that you could do front mounted intercooler blow off valve Cat-Back exhaust cold air, and you'd probably be okay. A lot of this comes down to the dealership . . Some dealerships are really a-holes about aftermarket parts, some are more lenient.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts