Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
Meet Nora, just picked her up from Carmax last night with 896 miles on her.
In the works: Alcantara steering wheel, e-brake, shift knob and boot as well as armrest, plus black emblems all from Kim's Garage in S. Korea. Look for him on IG.
Also, 3rd brake light mod with installing a flasher unit.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ooh I like the flasher idea for the third brake light.... I might have to poach that idea and do the same

·
Registered
107 Posts
Also, nice find! I searched carmax when I was looking and there were none at the time!

Reactions: VeeTee

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooh I like the flasher idea for the third brake light.... I might have to poach that idea and do the same
Thanks dude. I do happen to have another unit. If you're interested just PM your address and pay for shipping and it's yours! :) There's already a youtube video on the install but I plan on taking pics myself as well.
Cheers, Holger.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
3rd brake light flasher module install, also called a strobe, took only 20 mins.
I took some step by step pics here, the only thing not pictured are the wire connectors:
(moderators, if there is a thread for builds please let me know)

Open your trunk and notice the black plastic center piece here:

Get your fingers behind the lip and pull it off left to right. Don't be afraid to pull hard if you have to:

Once it is popped off you'll see this.

My tools of the trade and the flasher unit "GS-100A". *not pictured (bc I forgot) are the red wire crimpers:

I cut open the brake wires to expose the green and black wires:

Cut both wires and strip them. They are 20 gauge and the flasher is already pre-stripped. Attach black to black and green to red. Be sure to test your crimp job and make sure that the wires won't pop out. I then wrapped it with electrical tape (just in case):

Tuck it all away and put the long plastic cover back on:

The final result is this:
2020 Hyundai N 3rd brake light flasher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts