Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 PP Veloster N in Racing Red
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,

I picked up a low mileage certified used 2020 PP VN in racing red this past October, and I just registered to the forum since it looks like a good source of info and tips about this platform.

I was in the market for a new car since my old daily driver finally **** the bed on me (2009 Mercedes-Benz C300 4Matic, yes I regret buying it lol). I wanted something fun to drive with a MT and turbocharged, and after doing a lot of research I narrowed it down to either the Veloster N or a Civic SI which were both in my price range of <$30k. I was lucky to find a VN with low mileage (~2500 miles on odo) at a local Plymouth/Jeep/Dodge/Ram dealership of all places! Turns out they had received it through a trade in from the original owner who only had the car for less than three months and ended up trading it in for a Dodge minivan because he got his girlfriend pregnant haha.

Once I test drove the VN I was hooked! This is the most fun to drive car I have ever owned by a long shot, I love how easy it puts power down to the road and the handling almost makes it feel like an extension of your body. Needless to say I scooped up the VN from that dealership for a good price and haven't looked back :D

So far I haven't done too much to the car yet, however I did get an aftermarket set of wheels/tires because I wanted to downsize to 18" wheels and tires that were more suitable for all weather conditions. I went with Konig Oversteer 18x8 +45mm wheels, and 225/40R18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 tires. I also picked up some Rallyarmor mud flaps for it. I eventually plan to do a few bolt on mods including CAI, engine mounts, BOV, short shifter and possibly downpipe, however I am not very experienced with installing mods so I will definitely be around on this forum looking for advice.

·
Registered
Chalk White 2020 Veloster N w/PP
557 Posts
Welcome. My N is up on jack stands for the winter. Next year I am going to buy some 18" rims with all season tires. Then she has two sets. I drive my Gen Coupe with winter tires during this season.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome. My N is up on jack stands for the winter. Next year I am going to buy some 18" rims with all season tires. Then she has two sets. I drive my Gen Coupe with winter tires during this season.
Makes sense, the only reason I went with a new set of wheels/tires so soon is because I don't really have another daily driver car. Also opted for all seasons over dedicated winter tires because it doesn't snow much where I am, and I was planning to put a set of dedicated track tires on my 19" wheels once the Pirellis die.

·
Registered
2020 Manual Performance Blue N, stock. PPF on front.
291 Posts
Welcome.
I take it your Mercedes was an automatic?
If I'm correct, how does it feel getting back in the saddle of a manual transmission?
"Fun, fun, fun till your daddy takes the T-bird away."

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome.
I take it your Mercedes was an automatic?
If I'm correct, how does it feel getting back in the saddle of a manual transmission?
"Fun, fun, fun till your daddy takes the T-bird away."
You are correct. I knew whatever the next car I bought would absolutely be a MT, because I really missed driving stick. No regrets :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts