Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Hyundai has a bunch of new aftermarket goodies planned for the sport models, which hopefully means we will see similar support on the N. They showed of two different Turbo models as well as a customized N.

New accessory parts include a high-performance K&N high-flow air filter, Borla axle-back exhaust systems, a B&M sport shift kit, Eibach springs and anti-roll bars, and lightweight, performance alloy wheels. Hyundai is putting its stamp of approval on the parts, saying it validated them all and adding that the components do not invalidate the automaker's various warranties, including its 10-year, 100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty. The parts will be sold through Hyundai dealers.

·
Registered
102 Posts
One thing I don't like about these shows are how much its about selling. I understand its an industry show but they could have at least put better wheels on these Velosters.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Finally Hyundai is starting to step up their aftermarket support. Not sure why it took so long considering how well the Genesis coupe has done here. Their warranty packages have always been one of the best reasons to buy and its great to hear that these kinds of mods will be supported by it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I hope its along the lines of what TRD used to do, going so far to provide body kits and performance parts that are highly sought after till today on cars produced in the 90's.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's taken quite a few years for this kind of support to develop, but it seems to have been worth the wait. I wonder if Hyundai has plans to extended these mods outside of the Veloster, because I'm sure there are an equal number of Elantra GT owners who could benefit from it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's taken quite a few years for this kind of support to develop, but it seems to have been worth the wait. I wonder if Hyundai has plans to extended these mods outside of the Veloster, because I'm sure there are an equal number of Elantra GT owners who could benefit from it.
Hyundai did a lot to beef up the engines internals, thanks to the executive they hired from BMW's M division. At the very least we should see a tune to help us get into the sub-350 hp range. Also a great time for brands like HKS to develop internals like what they did to the Toyota 86.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you haven't seen already, German tuner RaceChip has already developed a tune that gives the i30N, Type R levels of power. They taken the power output from 271bhp up to 316bhp. I would imagine they will also be developing remaps for the Veloster N.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Speaking about the i30N... I have seen recent news reports about it and mentions of future plans to expand the N brand. This presents even more of a sound case for tuners to target Hyundai products.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Speaking about the i30N... I have seen recent news reports about it and mentions of future plans to expand the N brand. This presents even more of a sound case for tuners to target Hyundai products.
Tides will really shift once more mainstream products get N treatment such as the Elantra and Sonata. Elantra is confirmed, Sonata... Hyundai shouldn't sleep on.
Toyota for example has already launched a TRD parts line for the new Camry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any ideas on when we will start to see these aftermarket parts become available for purchase? Hopefully sometime in 2020....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts