Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is is Crispy. Actually is mostly my last name.

Anyway I had an opportunity to get my local dealers first N two years ago in December of 2018. But they wanted $5000 over MSRP. I settled for a great deal on my R-spec which I've modified and tracked since then.

I think I want the DCT mainly for the track benefits. But I have a couple questions. Hope you all can help.

1. What is everyone paying for their N's these days? What kind of discounts are realistic?
2. Will the DCT hold up to 3-4 track days and 7-8 autocross sessions per year?

Thanks and hello.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got my N in September of 2020. It had 3k miles, Chalk White Performance Pack asking was $23,900 talked them to $22,500. This was significantly under what they could have got for the car at the time. If you are looking for a used one now I would say expect to pay $24,500 to $26,500 depending on miles and your region. If you are going brand new I would say expect to pay MSRP cause of the demand I would not expect much in the "discounts" realm because the 2021s just hit lots not too long ago and 2022s won't be there for a while. Plus you are considering the DCT which is new and more expensive plus a lot of the DCT have the upgraded seats and therefore a bit more desirable... Tax title, reg, delivery and fees on a DCT at MSRP would land you at around $37,075 before your down payment so right off the bat you are at $590 car payment. The best thing they will probably give you is great financing (2.0%) but realistic discounts... I doubt it. If I were you I would look for a used one because you still get the 5 year 60k warranty (not the 100k for subsequent owners) unless you simply do not want manual. If you are diligent you can probably find one eventually. In fact pretty sure there is a beauty on sale on this forum right now.

The DCT is getting rave reviews and Hyundai encourages people to track the car so if something blows inside of the warranty at least you would have a good argument for it to be covered. But remember any modifications would place your claim in jeopardy. The car was built to take some abuse so outside of replacing brake pads and fluids the usual stuff with track days you can go have some fun. DM if you want any purchasing tips cause I spent a long time researching this stuff before pulling the trigger but let me say that I have 0 buyers remorse and smile every damn time I start that car up.

BL

·
Registered
2019 Veloster N PP / MT / Perf Blue.
204 Posts

Anyway I had an opportunity to get my local dealers first N two years ago in December of 2018. But they wanted $5000 over MSRP. I settled for a great deal on my R-spec which I've modified and tracked since then.

I think I want the DCT mainly for the track benefits. But I have a couple questions. Hope you all can help.

1. What is everyone paying for their N's these days? What kind of discounts are realistic?

Thanks and hello.
Hello my friend! I have a 2019 and bought it used w/ 10k mikes on it. I paid 23,900.

I had waited a year for a perf blue to come available and didn’t want to wait another year. To me it was worth it.

I have absolutely no regrets. I didn’t drive an R spec but the N w/ PP is pretty flawless out of the box from a driving experience.

You can always add to it but it doesn’t need anything.

The warranty is incredible - take your claims to Hyundai and not to dealerships and they will honor them.

I hope you get exactly what you want.

PEACE,

-JE

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Dealer discount on a 2021 DCT, I don't think so unless Hyundai is sponsoring it.

Used DCT's are unavailable as of this time nationwide.

Durability, is yet to be determined especially for track use.

Base Pricing ; $33,750 and up it's just been released.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly, I wanted blue, but white is good, but too conservative.

Discounted, but they gave me a good chunk for my modified R-spec too.

As I was leaving the dealer, I passed two mechanics out hot-rodding my orange R-spec.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Honestly, I wanted blue, but white is good, but too conservative.

Discounted, but they gave me a good chunk for my modified R-spec too.

As I was leaving the dealer, I passed two mechanics out hot-rodding my orange R-spec.
Very cool! I am surprised that they took money off and trades are crazy right now. Covid jack the whole used market up to the traders advantage. Good on you and yeah the blue is sick... still like my white mostly cause the way the N three color scheme is carried but the blue is that signature color. Congrats either way

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks and hello.
I just bought the 2021 N manual. Which was a journey to track down. Everyone wants the DCT (understandably it’s very nice), so I found tons of them on lots before I tracked down the manual. And from what I could tell dealer mark ups weren’t too bad. I went to three different dealers in the Connecticut- Massachusetts area and they all had the DCTs priced at 34,950 and the manual I ended up buying was priced at 33,200k.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just bought the 2021 N manual. Which was a journey to track down. Everyone wants the DCT (understandably it’s very nice), so I found tons of them on lots before I tracked down the manual. And from what I could tell dealer mark ups weren’t too bad. I went to three different dealers in the Connecticut- Massachusetts area and they all had the DCTs priced at 34,950 and the manual I ended up buying was priced at 33,200k.
Rhiannon welcome to the club!! I am located in CT and always looking for Ns in this area. Only ever saw one black one! We have a small crew of people that do cruises in the area. Let me know if you ever want to join!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts