Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
did you ever got this figured out?
Nope! it is still at the shop a month on. They are saying the Hyundai engineers are thinking its the LSD.... again. i want to scream "turbo!" into the phone but know that wont do anything; i swear these guys must have gotten their engineering degree out of a cereal box. at least they finally have a loaner for me to get tomorrow.

Test drove a DCT while i was here thinking I could maybe talk myself into a great deal but my fiancee wasnt a fan of it and thought it was too 'pedestrian' compared to the 6 speed. Of course no dealer stocks 6 speeds anymore....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nope! it is still at the shop a month on. They are saying the Hyundai engineers are thinking its the LSD.... again. i want to scream "turbo!" into the phone but know that wont do anything; i swear these guys must have gotten their engineering degree out of a cereal box. at least they finally have a loaner for me to get tomorrow.

Test drove a DCT while i was here thinking I could maybe talk myself into a great deal but my fiancee wasnt a fan of it and thought it was too 'pedestrian' compared to the 6 speed. Of course no dealer stocks 6 speeds anymore....
mine has the same issue. since the day i took it home. i have a 21 VN. took it in yesterday. no loose charge pipes and no shaft play. i guess ill just wait till it breaks. but mine is kinda weird. its loud when its cold and becomes faint when the engine is at operating temps.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Update: they finally, FINALLY, ordered a turbo. Service advisor said if that doesn't do the trick Hyundai wont warranty anything else, will take it to/send out engineers, rip it apart, and send out a TSB/recall. Here's to hoping the turbo fixes it so i can finally have my car back. Service advisor said the turbo should be in tomorrow/monday.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Yes they will, as long as you've got a warranty.
I believe the context of "Wont warranty anything else" was not meaning 'cutting off the warranty' but more-so 'our shop wont be doing any more warranty work on it because it will be escalated'. Considering they already messed up with the transmission I'm sure Hyundai wouldn't be too happy with another costly mistake from their techs.

In the mean time I'm rocking a stripper model elantra that wasnt cleaned before they gave it to me. Came with used lottery tickets, free bacon in the passenger footwell, and fry salt in the charging cubby of the console. at least it has XM...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just got an update:

according to the service manager replacing the turbo is an engine out job. they got it out, took off the old turbo, compared it to the new turbo, and found some part of the new turbo is bent/damaged. so they are ordering another one and expect it to be there in about 2 days. getting close to 2 months without the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,722 Posts
This is why I work on my own car. I feel more comfortable with doing it than any Hyundai tech. I am seriously thinking we know more about these cars than they do.....

Just a suggestion. Maybe use some Cerma Nano turbo treatment on the new turbo. I did with mine... Supposed to protect the bearing. Hope it all works out for you.

Best regards,

-Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
This is why I work on my own car. I feel more comfortable with doing it than any Hyundai tech. I am seriously thinking we know more about these cars than they do.....

Just a suggestion. Maybe use some Cerma Nano turbo treatment on the new turbo. I did with mine... Supposed to protect the bearing. Hope it all works out for you.

Best regards,

-Mike
I have enough old cars that I work on myself -- just replaced the engine in my RX8 and the foxbody's front suspension is torn apart for new bushings. I bought this car for the warranty and god dammit im gonna use it. However owning this thing out of warranty is looking like a worse and worse idea.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts