Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the regular posters in the Motorsports forum, I was finally shamed into doing my first real track day. my only other experiences somewhat track related were, one Porsche experience on track in a Porsche Turbo S and a couple of autocross events for time over 30 years ago. Camber bolts with a more aggressive alignment, Powerflex RMM, Tork lower arm braces and Enthuspec rigid collars are my only mechanical mods. Pennzoil Ultra platinum oil, Redline transmission fluid, and Motul 600 brake fluid were my only fluid changes from stock. The car performed without a hiccup and is more than enough for my current talent. For anyone new thinking they need to get a laundry list of mods to take the VN or EN on track, don't worry, just send it. Other than upgrading the PZeros when they wear out my only "mods" will be more seat time until my talent catches up to the car. Thanks to all the regular posters here for sharing their experiences.
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks to the regular posters in the Motorsports forum, I was finally shamed into doing my first real track day. my only other experiences somewhat track related were, one Porsche experience on track in a Porsche Turbo S and a couple of autocross events for time over 30 years ago. Camber bolts with a more aggressive alignment, Powerflex RMM, Tork lower arm braces and Enthuspec rigid collars are my only mechanical mods. Pennzoil Ultra platinum oil, Redline transmission fluid, and Motul 600 brake fluid were my only fluid changes from stock. The car performed without a hiccup and is more than enough for my current talent. For anyone new thinking they need to get a laundry list of mods to take the VN or EN on track, don't worry, just send it. Other than upgrading the PZeros when they wear out my only "mods" will be more seat time until my talent catches up to the car. Thanks to all the regular posters here for sharing their experiences.
View attachment 8987
View attachment 8988
Looks like a blast! Just had my first track day at Waterford Hills after similar levels of previous 'track time'. I was lucky enough to get a ride along with another VN that was attending, He had Kumho V730s and the grip was nuts, but I'd say a big overlooked mod is brake pads. G-Loc R16 front, G-Loc R10 rear and the braking power was unreal, unlike anything I've ever experienced.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a blast! Just had my first track day at Waterford Hills after similar levels of previous 'track time'. I was lucky enough to get a ride along with another VN that was attending, He had Kumho V730s and the grip was nuts, but I'd say a big overlooked mod is brake pads. G-Loc R16 front, G-Loc R10 rear and the braking power was unreal, unlike anything I've ever experienced.
When I finish off the OEM tires and brakes I know I'll be doing some serious thinking over their replacements. I'll be able to make better and more informed choices with some more track time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts