Hyundai Veloster N Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This forum has been immensely helpful as I’ve searched for the right wheel and tire combo. Thanks to everyone who has helped so far.

I am pretty settled on the above combo after reading all of the threads I could find on the topic but wanted to reach out before I pulled the trigger. Most of what I read said it works fine with no rubbing and a flush fitment, but 1 or 2 reports said otherwise.

So, all that to say, can anyone confirm that this combo works with flush or near flush fitment and no rubbing whatsoever?

18x8.5 ET45 with 235/40/18 tires?

Here’s what the calculations say:

Thank you!

·
Registered
2019 smol PP
154 Posts
If you're on stock suspension then 100% you're fine. Source: I'm running these exact specs. The people who are rubbing must be on H&R or ARK springs.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're on stock suspension then 100% you're fine. Source: I'm running these exact specs. The people who are rubbing must be on H&R or ARK springs.
Thanks for the reply. The more I research the more I find conflicting information, so the more people who reply who have the same setup the better.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Just be aware of the brake caliper clearance to wheel. Wheels do flex and the closer you get to the caliper the less wheel flex you want. There needs to be 3-4 mm minimum.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the heads up, RedVN. I figured with the sliding single piston caliper it wouldn’t be an issue. I’ve been through this before when doing upgraded multi-piston calipers where clearance got tight quick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts